one.

two years later.

zonnique.

"Justin! Where my kids at?" I slightly laughed, running through the long hallway.

We were playing hide n' seek and I was pretty sucky at it I must admit. The house was way too big and just too much. They could've been anywhere and I wasn't in much shape to be looking that hard. It was only in a matter of time I was going to give up and just quit. And that time was about now, when Zion came running towards me.

"We was hidin' in the closet! You ain't see us, mama?" Zion spoke in his already thick southern accent.

I shook my head, placing my hand on my hip. "No, I didn't see y'all. But today is a special day."

Two years ago, my world was taken from me and today it's coming back. Since Daniel has been in jail, I haven't visited him at all. I didn't want them to see him like that plus, I was already having a hard time keeping myself sane. Recovering on my own and being somewhat of a single mother was hectic. Zion and Logan are both now five years old and are truly the smartest. They kept me pushing and kept my head away from the negative.

Also, they helped me find a new friend. Justin was one of Diddy's boys and my mom introduced him to me, ever since then we've been best friends. He's helped me with the kids and getting my life back together. As for Bahja, she stayed in Atlanta and comes to visit every now and then. Mia and the kids love each other to death. Anyways, I have my happy life here in Vegas and it's about to get greater.

"Daddy comin' home from da' business trip." Logan spoke, walking out the closet.

"Business trip? I thought you said he was in ja—" Walking behind her Justin spoke.

I quickly cut him off before he could finish that word. "Yes! Business trip. We have a long ride ahead of us. And we have to get ready so, heads need to be done."

"But mama. My hair fine 'da way it is." Zion shook his hair, which were in braids. "Supa' fine."

Justin laughed. "That's definitely your child alright."

"What am I going to do with you." Shaking my head, I walked into the kids room. "Get yourselves ready, Auntie Bahja will be here soon. Meanwhile, me and Justin are going to pick up your father from the airport."

"I didn't even volunteer to go how you know he won't start thinking you moved on?" Justin began. "I ain't trying to get killed yet."

"If I moved on then my ring wouldn't be on my finger anymore and I wouldn't have bothered to pick him up."

As I walked out of the kids room, I walked downstairs upon hearing the door bell. I opened the door and it was just who I expected, Bahja and Mia. She pulled me into a close hug and I soon pulled away.

"Why are y'all still here? Shouldn't y'all get going, I still have to get this place ready." She excitedly said with a smile on her face.

Returning the smile, I spoke. "We're heading out now. Make sure Logan and Zion don't play that game until they are dressed!"