Chapter One

Kylo stood there, gazing out of the window at the control center in his ship into the cold, empty void of space. Years had passed since the last battle with the Resistance. Since he asked Rey to join his side. Since Snoke's death.

He still felt a pull the the light side. Kylo spent hours in his room, trying to focus on only the dark side. However, his mind still wondered over to that stupid, imbecile girl. Why? Perhaps, he thought, it was because of their Force Bond sessions. During every session, she tried convincing him to join her in the light. No matter how much she tried, he refused.

Kylo wanted to join her. Truly, he did. Snoke was dead and now he was in control of the First Order. What now? There hadn't been any attacks. He was starting to lose power over the First Order. The soldiers all called him weak for not making any attacks and ridiculed him behind his back. Technically speaking, everything went to shreds.

Hux is slowly starting to take over the First Order, which terrified Kylo. He was a good leader, but far more rutheless. Who knows how many galaxies would be destroyed in the hands of Armitage Hux? Kylo knew he had to step up and take control over the First Order once again, but he wasn't sure where to start.

First things first, he would have to give stricter commands to Phasma and her Stormtroopers. However, Phasma was giving commands to the Stormtroopers already, so he didn't know what to do with them, or any part of the First Order, for that matter.

He was completely and utterly powerless.

————————

It had been years since Luke Skywalker passed, and Rey continued her Jedi training. It was hard without Master Luke, she had to admit, but she pushed through it.

Rey was sitting on the rock that she usually meditated on at Ahch-To, her hands gently pressing against the rock. Her hours of meditating had expanded. Now, she meditated for 6 hours. It was difficult to focus, but she was alone with her thoughts. Occasionally, a porg would try to distract her, but she ignored it.

A breeze urged through Rey's hair, but it carried an odd sense that rushed through it. Rey breathed in and ignored the sense, her brows furrowing. Suddenly, a breath trickled down her neck. Her eyes snapped open and she twirled around, the back of her hand smacking the intruder's face.

"Ben," Rey greeted, her eyes narrowing upon seeing his face. Ben held his nose in his hands, letting out a grunt.

He looked up at him, his dark empty eyes holding something. She couldn't tell what. "The First Order is falling apart," Ben muttered. "I noticed," Rey replied, turning away from him. She closed her eyes, trying to meditate once again. "I need help," He replied.

"You think I know anything about controlling armies?" Rey asked, her voice quiet as she trained her focus. Ben sighed and stood up behind Rey, going to squat in front of her. With him being much taller than her, they were eye level now.

Rey opened only one eye, looked into his eyes, and immediately shut it. "I'm not saying you do, but you have much more control than I do. You could help me," Ben said, trying to coax her over to joining him. Rey breathed in sharply. "Help you with what? Kill millions of innocent civilians?" She asked.

"The First Order brings- order, into the galaxy," Ben explained, not really sure on how to word his sentence. "All you animals do is kill innocent creatures. I'd rather die than join you. Get that straight, Solo," Rey spat back, her eyes opening to glare at him.

Rey still had compassion for Ben, but after he asked her to join him, she realized he was just manipulating her the whole time. Or was he? Maybe he truly felt lost and alone. She knew about his conflict with himself. She was the only being who knew, besides Leia and Luke.

Rey wanted to help him. But everytime she got closer to helping him, the further he plunged himself into the dark side. She didn't know how to help, but she sure as hell wasn't going to give up on Ben.

"You know," Ben said suddenly. "Today is my birthday." "I don't care," Rey replied. She was lying to Ben and herself. Hearing those words, Ben frowned. "You're lying." "No I'm not." They fought back and forth like this like toddlers quite often. For others, it was quite amusing to watch.

"Why are you informing me this? Do you like me, or something?" Rey teased. Now she was poking the wookie with the stick. Ben's cheeks went pink at this remark, but he ignored it. "Me? Like you?" He asked. Ben laughed. "Just because I asked you to join my side and take over the galaxy doesn't mean I like you. We're not children," he stated.

Rey blew a raspberry. "You're lying to yourself~" She said in a sing-song voice. "Why do you convince yourself I like you? It's like you want me to like you," Ben said. Now it was Rey's turn to blush. "Why are you here anyway? I need to be meditating. Leave me alone," she sputtered out.

"You know why I'm here," Ben said. "If you're failing on the First Order so much why don't you just join the Resistance? I really don't understand your attachment," Rey replied.
"Do you know what it's like to spend years of your life trying to get one thing done for one person?" Ben snapped.

Rey opened her eyes and glared at Ben. "You are you so blind to the fact that I spent all those years with Luke, training and learning the force to bring you back into the light side, just to have you push everyone away?" She asked, her voice dangerously low.

Ben was clearly a bit taken back from Rey's sudden remark, but he kept himself steady. He breathed in sharply and stared at her. "My grandfather didn't die just to watch the First Order fall apart. Help me, Rey," Ben said, his voice sounding more desperate than he meant it to.

"Someone's desperate," Rey muttered. She opened her eyes and looked up at her. "Just give all that up, Ben. You belong with us. Join the Resistance." Rey's words were tempting and welcoming to Ben. Maybe he did. But he still had to worry about his mother. What if she hated him, after hearing about him killing Han?

No. Ben wasn't going to join the Resistance. Anakin hadn't given up everything just so his grandson could curl up in the corner and hide from the dark. That wasn't going to happen, and he was going to make sure of it.

And with that, Ben disappeared. Rey sighed. Bringing him back was going to be harder than she thought.

Hey guys! This is my first time publishing a Reylo/StarWars fanfiction. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I realize that it was a bit short, but I may publish another chapter later this week. I know I haven't been active in like, two years, but I'm back now and part of the StarWars fandom once again. God help our souls