Chapter 1

(Damien shown above)

"Are you sure you want to do this, (Y/N)?"

Your (E/C) eyes travel north to gaze up at the handsome male on top of you, a rosy red blush prominently burning your taut cheeks as you slowly run your fingertips down his naked abdomen. You chew on your lower lip, your teeth picking at the small morsels of skin that protruded from the melanin pigment as you tried to suppress any signs or feelings of hesitation.

"...I'm sure. I'm ready."

Your long term boyfriend of two years, Damien Adler, hovered over your half-naked body with a warm and gentle expression resting on his face. He was so tender, so kind. His good nature was what attracted you in the first place when you first met him. The two of you met near the end of your sophomore year in high school, and it was an encounter that you remember distinctly to this day.

You had seen him around the school building sporting his jet black Adidas tracksuit on game days, his semi-long raven colored locks of hair pushed back by a pristine white sweatband that sat on top of his cranium. The boy was definitely not antisocial, always surrounded by a group of fellow soccer players who would roughhouse and joke around with one another. Damien was pretty popular among the students of Hawleyville High and certainly didn't have a shortage of admirers who flocked to his side. To you it made no sense as to why he developed an interest in you. In your opinion, you were as average as can be. Average looks, average (H/C) hair, average interests. But Damien viewed you as someone who was so much more exceptional than the boring, lame girl you viewed yourself as in your mind. To him you had a dazzling personality complete with a radiant and glowing aura that made all of your emotions and feelings infectious. When you were happy, he was happy. When you were sad, he felt sad as well.

The two of you had first fully interacted with one another during a Biology 101 class smack in the middle of the final semester of sophomore year. You and Damien were assigned as partners for the final project that was worth 40% of your grade, an honestly horrifically big chunk of a percentage that could either make or break the enrollments of some honors classes that you wanted to take the following year. The project involved frog dissection along with a written essay about the anatomy of the amphibian. To your surprise when it came to the actual dissecting of the frog, Damien was adamantly grossed out by the slippery, ice cold corpse that was facing the two of you belly-up. Hell, you were more excited to be able to stab a scalpel into something, eager and curious to see what the insides of the frog looked like. The two of you made an agreement that if you dissected the frog, Damien would type up the essay.

At the end of the stressful and harrowing ordeal that had the potential to detrimentally damage your GPA, you and Damien triumphantly conquered the project with a solid A. After receiving the news about the exceptional grade, you and Damien had went out for ice cream to celebrate. It was then as you two were consuming your sugary celebratory treats when Damien swooped in for a kiss, sliding his tongue gently across your lower lip in order to lick off a milky drop of ice cream that threatened to dribble down onto your chin before planting a gentle peck on your plump lips.

"Sweet~ Inside and out. Will you go out with me, (Y/N)?"

Now in the present with the two of you at the naive age of eighteen, you couldn't help but stifle a chuckle at how corny his pick up lines had been in the past. As the corners of your mouth lifted upwards as if someone was tugging at them with an invisible string, Damien cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're so damn cheesy."

"No I'm not. I'm smooth and gentlemanly." Damien's lower lip stuck out into an adorable pout which only made you giggle harder. He could act childish at times, but appropriately childish to the point where it would be considered cute and adorable.