Prologue

HELLO JAY HERE & IF YOU ENJOY PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW ME! LEAVE A COMMENT IF I SHOULD CONTINUE OR NOT! Thanks for reading and I'm #TrilesStrong!

It was already the end of summer for the graduates of Degrassi. They hadn't expected it to fly by as fast as it had. They were trying to spend their summer together before officially having to say goodbye. They knew it wouldn't be the same once the summer had actually come to a close. It didn't feel real. It in a way made them think that tomorrow they would be returning to Degrassi for another year. But they weren't. This was it for them.

Tristan Milligan who had spent most of his summer working on himself and with the two people he depended on most, he didn't know what it would be like without his friends. He was going to be attending a college in New York. It was a college for those with disabilities who need extra assistance. Tristan still in a way didn't feel right accepting money from Miles for college but he had gotten use to it. This was who Miles David Hollingsworth was.

Miles, Tristan's ex-boyfriend, was a man who took care of the ones he loved. That's who he had become. Tristan knew that no matter what happened in their lives Miles Hollingsworth would always be a constant in his life. Miles promised him all summer long that no matter how far apart they would be he would always find him. Tristan felt that whenever he needed Miles he was always next to him holding his hand in his.

The summer had been the best and the worst of Tristan's life. So much happened and so much changed for him. He realized some friends are better to be left in the past but other friends, the real ones, are the ones to be kept for the rest of time. Tristan accepted that some of his friends he would never see again but that was okay. As long as he had his best friend in his life. He trusted her more than anyone else.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Tristan" Miles said to him that night at the airport. It was a chilly night and Tristan was a little cold. "Hey you okay baby?"

"Yeah" Tristan smiled at his ex-boyfriend blushing lightly. "It's just a little cold is all but I'm fine."

Miles took his jacket off and wrapped it around Tristan. Tristan gulped as Miles stared into his eyes and a smile stretched across his face. Miles of course took the opportunity and gave Tristan a soft kiss. Tristan wrapped his arms around Miles' neck and the kiss developed from soft to passion. They both knew that this was going to be the last time they saw each other for a while and they wanted to make sure they remembered this moment forever.

Once the kissing came to a stop Miles leaned his forehead against Tristan's. "I love you, Tris. I wish I could stay or that you could just come with me. I can't imagine not seeing your face everyday." Tristan felt sad thinking about it. He didn't want things to change. He knew Miles was the one. But he also wouldn't be the reason why Miles didn't reach his dreams. "I guess I should get going, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Tristan" Miles said pulling away and grabbing his bag. "I just want you to know that no matter what you're the one. You've always been the one for me and at first I didn't want to admit that. But you are the one and I fucking love you."

"I love you, too."

"We can talk and stay in touch" Miles grinned at his ex. "And maybe when I come back we can do this again and make it work."

Tristan smiled. "So you think we can stay in touch?"

"Yeah" Miles chuckled. "I mean who else am I going to talk too anyways? I'm probably going to hate most of my classmates."

But they didn't stay in touch. Tristan tried too because he wanted the dream Miles talked to him about. He wanted Miles to come back to him someday. But at university Miles met someone and fell in love. There was a lot of fall out between them when it happened. But that was it for them. They didn't think about each other for a long time.

....Until five long years later.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to like and comment if you want more!