The New Girl (YPOV)

I just arrived at OCD High School, and I feel so nervous! There are so many peers... so many people to judge you. And this school is HUGE! Anxiety in three.... two.... one....

And suddenly I feel someone tap me on the shoulder.

"AHHHH!!!" I scream, startled.

I look over at who tapped me on the shoulder. He was a tan german shepherd.

"Hey," he said. "Sorry for scaring you. Um... you're really pretty. Umm... Can I have your number?"

This guy was weird. He literally didn't even know my name! Besides, I'm not really into boys.

"Sorry, no...." I replied.

"Aw maaaan... That's the 4th rejection this week and it's the first day!

He looked over at a group of girls. I looked, too. In this group was a blonde short-hair cat, a blonde cocker spaniel, and a blonde chihuahua with brunette highlights. I must admit, they were pretty hot. But still, I could never date someone I don't know, and with how pretty and popular they looked I bet they have boyfriends anyway. 

The german shepherd then explained, "I asked them earlier, but they already have boyfriends."

Called it.

"Imma go look around a bit more, but if you change your mind..." He handed me a piece of paper with a phone number on it. "Call me."

I rolled my eyes, and then we departed, heading in different directions. At least I now know I'm borderline-hot.

I walked over past the group of girls to the office to get my papers. I ended up with a locker next to some emo kid. A brunette sheep-dog who wore her hair over her right eye. I tried making conversation.

"Hey," I said.

She looked over at me. I was to her right, so she had to turn quite a bit to see me.

"Hey," she replied, then looked away.

We both just stood in silence as we put our things in our lockers.

"What's the deal with those girls over there?" I asked, and gestured towards the cat, spaniel, and chihuahua.

"They're the 'Barbie Dolls'," she answered. "They were the most popular girls in school last year. Then Savannah and her backup started taking over, so it's like, they kinda take turns with popularity? I mean not really take turns, but like, they fight over it."

"What are their names?" I asked.

"Brooke Hayes is the cat, Rachel Rivera is the cocker spaniel, and Alicia Hamilton is the chihuahua." She answered.

I nodded to show that I took note of that.

*RIIIIIIIIING!*

The school-bell rang. Time for class, I guess.