Chapter 1: Intro

"We have to do something! The storm will be here any day now!" Jirou, the main navigator, exclaimed at Captain Todoroki.

Keeping his usual calm composure, Todoroki shrugged.

"Get the boat ready for the storm conditions then."

"We can't do that! This time the storm is too big. We need to find land."

Todoroki was starting to get irritated. This conversation had been going on for an hour now and wasn't going anywhere. As much as he hated to do it, he had to act like the strong leader his father wanted him to be.

"I'm the Captain and you are my crew. You will do as I say. And I say that we will keep sailing." He said as he left his chamber. What Todoroki needed was some fresh air. Outside on the deck, drama was already beginning. Why he had put Kirishima and Bakugou on the same boat, Todoroki will never know.

"C'mon man! Lighten up! You're way too strict."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP SHITTY HAIR!" Weirdly enough, Bakugou was the only one in the crew that actually swore like a sailor. Todoroki took a deep breath before walking over to them.

"What is it now?" He asked as calmly as he could.

"Shitty hair is trying to tell me how to do my fucking job."

"No, I'm just saying it could be good for you to go a little easier on us! You gotta be super stressed out by now."

"Yeah I'm stressed out because SOME PEOPLE WON'T KEEP THEIR FUCKING CABINS CLEAN!!!"

In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea to make Bakugou the quarter master. Putting someone like him in a place that gave him some authority was a mistake.

As Kirishima and Bakugou kept arguing (mostly on Bakugou's side, Kirishima was still as happy as ever), Todoroki walked away, having lost interest in their debate.

He approached the edge of the boat and rested his arms on the railing.

Boring. He thought. Nothing new ever happens here.. I wish I could escape this boat, this life, if only for a few minutes.

~Meanwhile, in the ocean~

"Midoriya, Uraraka!" The Iida family maid exclaimed as she burst into the room.

The three teens in the room looked up from their boardgame, obviously confused.

"What is it?" Iida questioned.

"There is a storm approaching rather quickly. It is imperative that you both get home at once!"

Even in the ocean, much below the surface, brutal storms were still frightening. Agreeing they would go home as to not worry their mothers, Uraraka and Midoriya gathered their belongings.

Soon enough, they were at the front door waving goodbye. Midoriya headed home, which was the opposite way Uraraka had to swim to get home.

Midoriya sighed to himself as he swam at a slow pace.

I love my friends, he thought, but... it feels like something is missing... Maybe I'm just lonely.

His green tail shimmered from the sunlight as he got closer to the surface.

Maybe what I'm looking for is up there... I guess I'll never know.

Just as he thought that, the storm began. Izuku started to swim faster, in a small panic. Suddenly he stopped. There was a loud bang from the surface he was so close to. A boat! But there was something falling from it. Whatever it was, fell into the ocean with a splash.

Curiosity took over, and Midoriya went to see what it was. Except it wasn't something it was someone. A human.

He's beautiful... Midoriya thought. Swimming closer, he found the boy was unconscious and injured. He was also drowning. Oh right, humans had to breathe air...

Hero senses tingling, Midoriya wrapped his arm around the boy and swam as fast as he could to a small cavern at the surface.

While traveling, Izuku kept looking down at the boy and thinking, this is it! This is what I've waited for!

Upon reaching the cavern, Izuku immediately set the boy down on the rocks and managed to scoot up to sit beside him (which was really hard with his tail and all).

Luckily, he was breathing. Other than his hurt arm, the boy seemed to be okay. Izuku on the other hand, was not.

He's even more gorgeous up close! Oh gosh what do I do when he wakes up?

As if on cue, the boy began to wake up. Midoriya proceeded to freak out and go into a mumbling frenzy.

Todoroki slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was a voice. Instead of singing, like the fairytales always said would happen, the voice was talking, no, mumbling at an incredibly fast rate. It was kind of annoying, but also cute. Turning his head to look at the bearer of the sound, Todoroki saw a beautiful boy. His forest green hair was curly and untamed. What really caught his attention was the boy's eyes. A lighter green than his hair, and mesmerizing. Todoroki could not look away.

Midoriya felt a gaze on him and looked over at Todoroki. His eyes were two different colors, one grey and one ice blue. Midoriya stared into his eyes, entranced. The two boys stared at each other in an awkward silence.

The silence lasted until Todoroki noticed the rest of Midoriya, specifically his tail.

"W-What... you're a mermaid..?"

Midoriya blushed and debated diving into the ocean and swimming away. If he did that though, the boy would be stuck in the cavern...

"..Yes....May I ask your name?" Midoriya asked curiously.

"Todoroki Shouto. Please call me Shouto."

"Shouto..." He repeated and smiled brightly. "I like it! It suits you. I'm Midoriya Izuku. I would prefer to be called Izuku."

"Izuku. A lovely name for a lovely boy." Midoriya's face turned deep red.

"Thank you for saving me, Izuku." Todoroki gave him a rare, small smile. Izuku physically swooned.

"Oh! I almost forgot. You fell from a boat. They must be wondering where you are and if you are safe! We should return you at once."

"Ah.. right. Bakugou must already be trying to take the title of captain from me..."

"Captain?! Wow Shouto! How cool! You must be a very good leader." Midoriya said with a smile.

Todoroki blushed. "Thank you.."

"Let's go before it gets dark!"

~Author's note: New story! Credit for the idea goes to my best girl Kate! I'll post the beautiful prompt she wrote in the last chapter. Expect a new chapter soon!~