Older!Gladious x Reader Exercise Reward [Oneshot]

"Come on Gladdy, just a couple more push-ups!"

 You told your boyfriend, as a long stream of sweat went down his temple. 

You were sitting on his back, fighting a really tough boss on Kings Knight and, you only had so many potions left. 

Gladious groaned as he kept doing the push-ups, even though he could collapse at any moment. 

"[Name] I know you said twenty push-ups but, this feels more like the ones you wanted me to do, isn't it? I thought the agreement was to do 20 of them so you could get me some cup noodles? My back is killing me and, I don't think I'll be able to take much more of this. It also doesn't help with you sitting on my back but, I can handle it a bit longer if need be." 

He was right about you sitting on his back during the push-ups. You had gotten a bit built after training with him all these years you two have been together. You had to admit, he was doing this in exchange for you buying him some cup noodles afterwards. 

"Okay, okay. Let me just finish defeating this boss and, you can be done." 

You told him with a big smile, brushing your [H/C] bangs back behind your ear. You were super into Kings Knight at the moment. You lifted one of your legs up onto Gladios back, he groaned in annoyance since you increased his struggle by doing that but, he can do it. 

After all, he wouldn't be the kings shield if he couldn't hold you on his back now could he? You finally beat the tough boss in Kings Knight, as you pumped your arm in the air in victory. "Yes! I did it! Take that you jerk!" You then gave yourself a small pat on the back as you saved and quit the game and put your phone in your front pants pocket after you stood up from Gladios back. You then walked towards the stand where his and your things were and you grabbed a washcloth so he can wipe the sweat off his temple and walked back to his tired form. 

Gladio stands to his feet, taking the washcloth from your hands and nodding his head in thanks. He then takes the cloth up to his face and wipes the sweat off of his temple, then he puts it on his shoulder as he walks towards a chair to go and sit in it. You then walk over and sit on his lap, him then resting his head onto yours in affection. You blushed a little bit at the kind gesture but, you didn't mind this. 

"So, what kind of Cup Noodles do you want after doing so many push-ups Gladio?" 

You asked him, touching his ponytail on his head with one hand. He smiled at the kind gesture and answered you. 

"Hmm, lets see.. what Cup Noodles am I hungry for today?" 

You watched him scratch his head in thought, he loved any Cup Noodles to be honest. But, he wanted you to get him a specific one that he'll love as long as he lives. 

"What about those shrimp ones you and Noct found the ingredients for? Didn't you say that was the perfect cup noodles you've ever eaten?" 

You asked him with a curious look as his eyes beamed and he hugged you with his strong arms tightly. Your cheeks were red crimson, at the sudden gesture as his arms snacked around your waist as he smiled brightly. 

"Why, that's a great idea [Name]! Guess your good to have around after all!" 

He then gave you a quick peck on the cheek as you put your arm that was touching his ponytail back in your lap, as you hid your face from his view since, you were blushing even more. You then proceded to stand up from his lap and you walked over to your things, after you put your phone in its protective case and walked towards the doors of the sparring room. Gladio followed suit and stood up from the chair as he caught up with you and interlocked his hand with yours as you two headed out the door to get some Cup Noodles together. .:Timeskip riding you and his Chocobos to Lestallums parking lot to where the Cup Noodles stand was:. You have your [F/C]'d Chocobo park next to the rent-a-bird sign as you tie it to the nearby post next to it, as Gladious did the same as you and him started walking towards the stand. You both were standing in front of the vender, as you ordered you and Gladious some Cup Noodles. The vender then smiled and nodded, as started fixing you and Gladious your delicious Cup Noodles. You ordered the plain Cup Noodles, while he ordered the Shrimp Cup Noodles that he and Noctis started together while they were looking for ingredients for the perfect cup. You then thanked the kind vender, as you and Gladdy went to go and sit at one of the nearby benches around the parking area of Lestallum to start eating your Cup Noodles after a tough day at training. You both deserved a break and, this was the only chance you two had before you had to do other life things while keeping Eos and other parts of the world safe and sound. You were eating your plain Cup Noodles happily, savoring the flavor. You then looked over at Gladious eating his Cup Noodles, his face ever shining so brightly with gladness, and enjoyment. You giggled a little bit at his face, as you kept eating your noodles till the cup was empty. He finished his cup as well and took your empty cup and threw them away in the nearest trash bin and sat back next to you on the bench, hand around your waist.

You then looked to the beautiful sun in front of your [E/C] eyes as you snuggled against Gladios side. You then rub your hands together, smiling brightly.

Gladiolus then looked at you and hugged you a bit, as he ruffled your hair.

"Hey, thanks for letting me get some Cup Noodles [Name].  I really enjoyed that." He smiled wide, as he nodded his head in thanks.

"Hey, it's not a problem! Im really glad you enjoyed your treat Gladdy! I didn't mind getting you one of your favorite foods!"

You told him grinning from ear to ear.

As you looked into the sky, you remembered your king Noctis and what he had to sacrifice for the world and everyone he loved. You felt a little tear go down the left side of your cheek, as you talked aloud into the sky.

"H-hey Noc. I really hope your doing well, wherever you are. Everyone here misses you. Still can't believe your really g-..g-gone.."

You couldn't take it any longer, you started sobbing into your hands, as your tears were falling, you felt Gladios strong arms pull you closer, as he gave you a kiss on the top of your head as you cried.

He promised Noctis that, when he was gone; he would do everything he could in his power protecting you as the king's shield, as he did for Noctis before he passed.

Count on it, he would never leave you.

"No matter what happens, I will keep you safe [Name]. I'll be sure of that. Count on it." Gladiolus told you, as he gave you a kiss on your lips, while he wiped your tears away.

You stopped crying then and, you were glad you had Gladio at your side.