Attack of the Turtles

It was much warmer than I had expected. I had hoped it would be cold, so that I wouldn't sweat while I went out hunting with some friends. We always hunted at night, and coolness of midday had birthed hopes of an even colder night. It was no big deal, really, just a preference. A little heat wouldn't stop us.

I made sure to check the locks and windows on the house before I left. Everything was in order. I walked off into the woods to our meeting spot. A giant rock infested with moss and riddled with cracks. When I arrived I sat down, waiting for my friends to get here. I was always first. And because of that, I always had time to listen to the silence of nature before we hunted. I got to appreciate the thing that would provide sport and food for me.

About 10 minutes later, Davos and Shirene showed up together.

"Hey, Craig" Davos gave a wave of his hand.

"Hey, wassup Dav? What's goin' on Shirene?"

"What's goin' on with you?" Shirene raised her eyebrow and looked me up and down and licked her lips, as if I was a steak.

"You don't wanna find out. We're not doin' this again."

Davos just laughed at us. "You know she's just playin' man, chill."

"Yeah, I know, I'm just teasin'," I chuckled, "but I don't blame her."

Shirene shoved past me and into the woods, "Not in a million years."

We followed suit, and as we did, we had no choice but to notice the beautiful, glowing moon above us. It was full. At that moment, we began our hunt.