Forgotton

TaTa wandered slowly along the street. There were no people around for the heart shaped alien to converse with, so he entertained himself by studying the local environment.  He noticed the bare trees that lined the path, absent of the thriving greenery they displayed just a month earlier. It made him feel a little sad, but Mang had explained it was just nature. In a few more months new shoots would bloom, and the cycle of life would begin again. 

There was still so much TaTa didn't understand about this strange planet. And he felt blessed everyday he learned something new.  His eyes followed the path of some crispy, fallen leaves, eventually catching sight of the friend he'd set out to meet.  The yellow hoodie Of Chimmy reflected brilliantly against the winter sun and TaTa, happily skipped across the road to meet him.

"Where are the others?" Tata asked, watching the little dog rock slowly back and forth, on a creaky swing.

"I don't know, maybe they've forgotten" Chimmy replied a little forlorn. His cute floppy ears swaying, with every to-and -fro.

TaTa frowned at that comment. He thought back to the previous week, when they all agreed to come and play on the swings. Cooky and Shooky seemed particularly excited about it. They had Immediately started arguing, as to who would swing the highest. It just seemed strange that no one else remembered. 

"Well I'm here Chimmy, so show me how to swing". TaTa stated, not really picking up on Chimmy's melancholy state.

The multitude of emotions were still a bit of a mystery to the alien. Love and happiness were such good feelings, he just couldn't understand why anyone would want to spend time feeling anything else.

But he put those thoughts aside and let Chimmy teach him how to gain altitude on the primitive form of fun. A little while later, TaTa had mastered the basics, pumping his spotty legs back and forth with vigor.

"This is such fun. It makes my tummy feel funny" TaTa told his friend, beaming joyfully. 

Chimmy smiled and laughed along, giving him a playful push and sending the swing higher and higher.

TaTa loved Chimmy's laugh. It had quickly become one of his favorite sounds in the universe, but he noted that today, it didn't sound quite right, and he really couldn't understand why that was.

After a while, they switched over to the slide, TaTa raising his arms as he slid down the smooth length, then on to the merry-go-round, where he experienced a shift in gravity that made him fall over. Chimmy explained it was just him feeling dizzy, from spinning around so much.

TaTa was really enjoying all the new experiences, but as time went by, it became increasing noticeable that Chimmy's sweet smiles were not of his usual standard. It gave the lovable alien a feeling, similar to the one he experienced, when gazing at those bare Winter trees. He was pretty sure it was sadness.

"Thank you so much for playing with me TaTa, but I'm getting pretty cold now. I think it's time for me to go home" the yellow dog suddenly declared.

They hugged each other and Chimmy waved goodbye, before turning slowly, walking down the street.

TaTa stood there for a while, watching the yellow fluff ball, shuffle away, head dipped low and tail swishing droopily.  It made him feel other emotions, that he'd only ever heard about. He wondered if the one he felt just then, was called anger.

Why had no-one else come to the park after agreeing to do so? Everyone knew it was one of Chimmy's favorite things to do.

TaTa declared he would seek out the others and discover just what had kept them so busy, that they couldn't spend time with their friend.