Movie Night

"Do you know what we should try out once?" Asli asked Gülsüm grinning.

"What?" Gülsüm asked wondering why Asli was looking at her like that. Like she was about to say something ridiculous but was wanting it anyway.

"I used to have those movie nights with my best friend Deniz" answered Asli. "We were trying out a lot of different movies but every now and then we would watch "Silver Lining" Deniz was getting fed up but I ended up convincing her anyways. It's been a long time since I watched this movie. If you would like, we can watch it and do our own "movie night" she suggested.

It's not like this house was feeling much like home anyway. Maybe she could brighten it up by doing something fun. This house was huge anyway. Soo many rooms where they could do that without getting interrupted by those maniac people that live inside. Everything should be possible here.

"That would be nice.

I don't remember when was the last time I did something fun in this house."

Asli supressed the urge to say, 'Probably never honey' because she didn't want to spoiler the good atmosphere that had settled between them.

"okay then, try to get corn the next time you go out with Abidin so that we can make Popcorn while watching and let me take care of the movie"

"Tamam" Gülsüm grinned. She was getting excited just about the thought of finally doing something new and exciting for a change. It was generally nice to have someone who doesn't always demand you to do something or explain something. She finally had a friend. Ferhat really couldn't have made a better choice. But that's something that she couldn't just say to Asli without making her uncomfortable, so she let her for the time being. She will come to know when the time is right.

"So, let's say tomorrow night?" Asli made sure. "Yes, that's alright, I'm leaving with Abidin Abi tomorrow anyway and when we return we can buy the corn as well."

"şahane" Asli replied. She also was getting excited. It has been ages since she last seen the film and she really missed doing something normal. She missed those movie nights with Deniz. Having someone to talk to. laugh with. Just to enjoy your time without the constant reminder that your life got flipped upside down. But she got some of her freedom back anyway and she knows how to use it right, she thought.

The next morning, she woke up, Ferhat was already awake and getting ready to leave.

"Ohoo you succeeded in waking up early once in your life" he spotted. Good morning to you too she thought dryly.

"Nereye sabah sabah? (=Where are you going this early?)" Asli wanted to know, wondering if he was getting himself in danger again or was spending his day like a normal human for once.

"since when do I explain myself or telling you where I'm going, hmm?"

"doğru, that was I expecting anyway?" Asli returned "Could I just know when you will be back?" She wanted to know so that she can plan when she could start her time with Gülsüm without getting interrupted. That would be a shame. And worse, if HE found out that he was right that first day they met where he told her that she was the type of girl who always watched the same movies and cried at the exact same scenes. Well, that was her thing and she would rather die than let him find out that he was right about his observation.

"Why do you want to know?" he was getting suspicious now. When she asked something like that then she must be up to something. Up to something that he wouldn't like probably, and she didn't want him to find out...

"What do you want?" he asked bluntly.

"What do you mean "What do you want?"? What would I want? I am just asking. Isn't it allowed to ask. Can't I ask without wanting something. Allah Hallah."