apology

"당신은 항상 나와 같은 곳에서 나를 기다렸지 만 나는 없어졌다."

"You always waited for me at the same place as always, but I was gone."

I was gone.

Chapter One

Kim Jinhwan

"Mr. Kim, the leaders are waiting for you in the meeting room." I nodded and followed Chanwoo. I sat in my chair and smiled at the directors. "As you all have been informed. This meeting is for the dismissal of our CEO, Mr. Kim." The directors mumbled amongst themselves.

"Who will be replacing you, Mr. Kim?" I looked at Chanwoo and he blinked a few times. "Chanwoo of course." They mumbled once again. "Will he be able to do as great of a job as you, sir?" I chuckled. "He's helped me with most of my work, and don't worry. This isn't permanent. I'm just taking a little vacation with my lover."

The directors all nodded then stood up. "Have a safe flight Mr. Kim." I laughed then stood up. "Thank you. Meeting adjourned." I turned around and Chanwoo looked shocked.

"H-how come you haven't warned me about this Mr. Kim?" I shook my head. "It's Jinhwan, and I was sure you could handle it. Besides I don't trust anyone other than you." Chanwoo shook his head.

"You're already criticized because you're so young, and I'm a lot younger than you." I put my hands on his shoulders. "If anyone criticizes you. I'll kill them. Really, I know people." He gulped.

"Book me a flight to Korea immediately. I have a lot of convincing to do in such little time."

• • •

Kim Junhoe

"Oh no. It's already 9! Junhoe can you please cover for me, pretty please. I have a date with Jiwoo." I rolled my eyes. "Go ahead, I'll close up." Hanbin threw the keys into my hands. "Thanks, Junhoe, you're a real lifesaver." Hanbin walked out, leaving me alone in an empty café.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my apron. I looked at the number and it was unknown. I pressed the answer button and put my phone up to my ear.

Hello?

Is this Junhoe?

Yes, this is he.

I came back to Korea... to see you. Turn around.

My phone slipped from my hands. I knew exactly who it was. There was a knock on the window and I felt a lump in my throat.

"Jinhwan."

×

I know this chapter is short, but just be patient with me okay. 😔