Prologue

"So what now, what do we do."

"You do nothing. I'll take care of everything from here", she gave him a watery smile. Sinan Egemen, the man who gave her the confidence to believe in herself. He was never her lover but he did become a friend or maybe a brother she never had. If only she had realized it earlier things could have been different. "Where will you go, Hazan? At least tell me that much. How will I know you're safe? Do I lose my right to worry about your safety too?"

"If I tell you, your brother would know it too and then he would come after to get us back together" she laughed. " Yeah, that's true, he would get the finest malt to do that," he said, all flushed and embarrassed. " I'll call you once I settle Sinan, until then could you hold the fort, please?". How could Sinan ever deny her the only request she ever made, he would not fail this time, the least he could do. " I would never let you down Hazan but what would I tell Yagiz".

" Don't tell him anything, for now, he'll assume that I found another accommodation. That'll buy us time and once you have found love again I wouldn't even matter to him" and then jestingly added, " and something tells me it won't take long". " Not funny!" " Yeah not funny, Sinan Egemen is a responsible man now" she added poker-faced and then burst out laughing.

"I would miss you, Hazan"

"I would miss you too Sinan"

"Take Care"

" You too"

they stared each other for a long moment, and then abruptly turned to walk out from her home, from him, from Istanbul, promising herself never to look back.