Home is where the Heart is

There was a bustle of activity in the caves of Muthger, as goblin and troll alike rushed about to make preparations for the upcoming Festival of the Moon. This festival was very important to the settlers of the small settlement of Uthergorak, as it was their only time in a hundred years that both of the twin moons of Ashfall would shine down into their caves. Kitchens were bustling with Goblin bride-maids who were cooking their specialties for the festival, Trolls were decorating the city with the beautifully woven banners that showed the moon, along with the strange silver moons they hung to the sides of buildings.

At his moment in time, the young goblin Zobart, who was covered in soft white fur and lost in his dreams. He was sleeping soundly, dreaming of what his father and mother would've looked like. He imagined his mother to be like him, with white fur and a round face and crystal blue eyes. His father would look large and buff, covered with large tufts of ginger hair and bright green eyes. His dreams were interrupted by his older adoptive brother and best friend Myrus, who was a large skinny troll with a small layer of fur and two large horns on his head.

He shook Zobart some, not to rough and not too soft, and said. "Hey. Hey! Get up!'

In response, the young goblin moved in his sleep and said on half-asleep tone. "Mommy. . . Just five more minutes. . . " He said, scratching his nose.

In response to that, the young troll moved close to his younger goblin brother, and breathed in his face. The trolls breath reeked like he had been eating an age-old onion, with some rotten toadstools. Zobart quickly sat up, holding his nose. "ACH! What have you been eatin'?!?!" He hoped out of bed, glaring at his brother. "This is why you're supposed to brush your teeth!"

The young troll giggled, smiling softly at his brother. "I know, but mother wanted you."

Zobart got his clothes on, brushing some of his fur as he got ready for the day. He picked up his toothbrush, as he began to brush his teeth from the warm pot of water in his room.  He wore a small metal curiass, as that was all he usually wore. "where is mom?" He asked looking at Myrus, arching his eyebrow.

"She's down at the riverbed, she said she needed you for something

"She's down at the riverbed, she said she needed you for something." He said, looking outside at the city.

"What about Dad ?" Zobart asked. "Where is Nichi as well?'

"They are down in the village, playing the violin together." He replied, before beginng to brush his teeth. Myrus was not as good about hygiene only cleaning himself whenever he remembered, which wasn't very often.

  Zobart then walked out of the hut, walking into the dusk-lit cave that was bustling to with the rush of people running about to finish preparations. He slowly walked down the hill, going to the river that was a little deeper inside of the cave.