Prologue

Present Time: Talia's Journal Entry

Date: 14th of November 2090. Time: Unknown. Location: Aboard the 'Lunar Unity'.
It has been exactly one week. One week since I, along with one million other human beings, were labelled as worthy enough to live, while nine million others were disregarded and murdered. Murdered by them. I have decided to document the happenings of the 7th of November 2090, or rather 'Selection Day'. I am documenting my experience because as of tomorrow, those of us that were unlucky enough to be chosen will be wiped of all our memories of Earth and the memories of our lives. As of tomorrow, I will never know that Earth even existed or that my Dad even existed. The thought of that scares me because without my Dad, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. Not only that, but I will have the last ounce of control over my own mind taken away from me. I will be brainwashed and controlled by a monstrous, inhumane empire of extra terrestrials. I will be told what to think, what to feel, and how to act. I will not be human anymore. I will be forced to become one of them. Before we were dragged away, we were given twenty-four hours to prepare ourselves and were given permission to bring five items for the journey to our new home. New home my ass!

I had decided to bring my journal. It will highly likely be taken away if the Nordics read what I am about to write, but I just need to write down. I need to be able to see what has happened in words. The events that I am about to write are basically from my last day as the real Talia Francis. I am going to write down everything that I remember from what was said, to what was done and explain the painful emotions I experienced, because if by some miracle this Journal is not taken away, I want to be able to remember how much pain and suffering the Nordics have caused. If not, then at least I had the chance to put my story onto paper, into the universe, even if it destroyed to nothing more than ash. So future Talia, if you are reading this, prepare yourself, because the following is not a work of fiction. It is real events that took place because of an empire blinded by power, and the pain and sorrow that it has cost and caused on the lives of millions of innocent human beings.