Chapter One

Weird things started happening September 12th, 2017. People started going missing along with small animals like dogs and cats. Everyone blamed it on a serial killer or kidnapper but on December 4th I learned that just wasn't true.

There was snow all over the ground. There had to be at least a couple of inches because as I walked home from school late in the day I wasn't equipped for the snow so my ankles were freezing. I wanted to get home as soon as possible.

My hands clung to my body as I forced myself to keep walking despite my mind telling me to stop to warm up or catch my breath. My entire "family" excluding me were on a trip to France or Italy. Somewhere warm. Somewhere they thought I didn't deserve to go.

That's when the footprints appeared. They freaked me out because no one walked by me and they were fresh. Fresh as in, I blinked and then they were suddenly there.

After taking a moment to look around confused I began walking again, just ignoring the weird feeling I had in my chest as if someone was watching me.

That's when all the stories on the news popped into my head and I began running as fast as I could which wasn't very fast because of how cold I was and how deep the snow was. I didn't feel like dying today, despite wanting to pretty much any other day.

I scream in fear and agony when something fast pushes me into the iron spiked gate behind me. When I opened my eyes a guy with almost neon blue eyes and pitch-black hair was hovering above me with a scary look in his eyes that said he wanted to hurt me.

I try getting up but he pushes me back down and that's when his canines come out and he goes to bite my neck. Someone from across the street yells for him to stop so the man currently trying to bite me breaks one of the spikes off the gate without any effort and he throws it backwards into the other guy's neck, killing him instantly and impaling him into a tree.

I stop screaming momentarily when I realized it was me screaming and not the other guy. I started backing up the man brought his attention back to me, but it was useless and he ended up sinking his teeth into my neck.

After only a moment the man who was biting me jumps back and rubs his tongue off while groaning in pain. He glances back at me confused before speed running to the other guy, grabbing him, and running away.

I sat there shocked for a couple of seconds before standing up as fast as I could and falling back down into blood-covered snow from me being way too dizzy.

Even though he only was on my neck for two seconds I felt like passing out but that didn't stop me from getting back up and beginning to run again. Thank god adrenaline is a thing.

After a ten minute run, I finally reach my house. Well, the correct term would be my parent's house. Again, the correct term would be my foster parents home.

Technically they adopted me last year but I'm honestly not apart of their family. They don't take me on their trips and they don't introduce me as their kid. I'm practically someone they feed once in a while, get taxes for, and forced to watch their devil babies.

I shake that out of my head as I go to grab my key from my backpack only to find that my bag is gone. I left it when that thing attacked me.

I decide not to go back for it and I break a window instead before crawling in and running to the fireplace. I'd just spend the money I was supposed to use on groceries for myself to get it fixed before my family got home.

After I lit the fire my hands find their way to my neck. Through the blood, I can feel two holes right where that guy bit me. That guy... he bit me and killed that other guy. It happened yet, it feels just like a movie.

Either a human with superhuman strength and growable teeth is on the loose orrr a vampire attacked me but I'd like to think it's the first option.

I take a deep breath before standing back up and making my way to the kitchen to make a snack. I know I should probably call the cops but no one would believe me. The guy who bit me took the guy he murdered and the fence post so the only thing there would be my blood and his and I don't think I can exactly report a murder without a body or a description on the guy who was killed.

I was to busy with my own problems to see what the poor guy looked like. 

I sigh lightly as I look around the kitchen. I don't have an appetite for food at the moment so I turn around and I make my way upstairs and to the room I share with two devil twins, Jack and Jake. 

Without cleaning myself up I fall onto my small twin sized bed and I fall asleep without a second thought about maybe vampires or being attacked. Although, that's all I dreamt about as I slept.