Chapter One

The horses rode like thunder on the great open plains towards the town of Tharrington. They were in search of the best entertainers, merchants, and artists for the new king's coronation. It was to be the most extravagant event in the entire realm. People from all over would come and bask in its glory. A new king had arisen! After the turmoil of the unsteady dynasties before him, the new king had seen his chance and grasped the kingdom with his hand and mind and provided safety and sanctuary to neighboring realms. The wars and chaos had finally come to an end and the people were eternally thankful.

Has the riders approached the town they slowed their horses to a steady trot. They had made good time, arriving just before sundown.
"Baekhyun! How about you and I rent a room for the night and get some ale? It's been a long day."
"Oh please Chanyeol," snorted anther ride named Kris, "he won't sleep with you until trolls fly"
The man,Chanyeol, sported a new pout while the smaller male, Baekhyun, chuckled and thanked Kris for coming to his rescue. They continued down the path and eventually reached the inner walls of the city. Tharrington was known to be the most extravagant town, behind the capital and the boys were in awe at the great structures that surrounded the smaller shops and merchant carts.
"No wonder the prince wanted us to start here first, we might find everyone we need right here" Chanyeol said as his mouth started to water when he caught sight of a bakery. The men decided to divide and conquer. They'd spend the night at the inn they passed on their way into town and meet back in the square in the morning. Chanyeol immediately grabbed Chanyeol's hand and made a beeline for the bakery.
"Maybe we should start here!" The happy giant shouted.
"You just want to eat some of the bread." Retorted Baekhyun.
"Maybe.." Chanyeol said in defeat.

The boys continued to pair up. Baekhyun going with Chanyeol, Kris going with another guard Kyungsoo and the last two (Jongdae and Junmyeon) were paired together. Baekhyun and Chanyeol took the direction towards the bakery as assumed and the others headed off towards the large buildings beyond the shops. They had to find the best of the best for the new king and they were determined to scout everywhere.

Sehun had seen them ride in, immediately getting nervous. The last time that many guards had come to Tharrington they had taken his mother away. The reason? Even he doesn't know. All he knew was he was awakened in the middle of the night by his mother pushing him to hurry so he could escape. He was rushed to his aunts house and watched his mother run back. As the guards broke down the door he heard a piercing scream and saw a small body covered in blood being lifted out of their small cottage. He was five.
His father died when he was just a baby so his only chance at survival was to remain with his aunt and never speak of that night that has haunted his dreams every time he closed his eyes.

Sehun peered carefully around every corner for the castle guards. He knew he was being irrational since it had been years and his features had definitely changed, but he couldn't stop himself from being worried that just maybe one of them would notice him. He had a close call a couple of times when one or two casually strolled around his current hiding spot laughing and pushing.