What happened to your arm?

Amanda regretted the question as soon as the words left her lips, the beer had gotten to her head and had rendered her unable to piece it together herself. She wouldn't even had noticed the scarring wound if it weren't for the flickering light of the bonfire, it seemed like it was glowing against his otherwise pale skin and the question had been asked before she had time to link it to recent events. The happy noises of stomping feet and beer cans being cracked open died down in less than a second as every muscle in Martin's body tensed, his stare still lingering at the red-hot coal between the logs of the bonfire. He released a cloud of smoke as he let out a breath he had not known he was holding. His eyes met hers for a split second before peering back down into the flames. "Blackwing" He didn't have to say anything else, the deep growl in his chest revealed everything she needed to know.

Dented beer cans laid spread around the dying embers of the bonfire, everyone but Martin had retreated to the van to get some rest. He had barely said anything since they had started drinking and had only moved occasionally to either light a cigarette or throw the filter into the flames. Amanda wrapped one of the cleaner blankets around her shoulders as she snuck out of the van, coming to join him by the fire. She placed a few logs onto the embers as she passed it, hoping it would light up again and offer some much-needed warmth. He could feel her anger and regret rolling off her in waves as she looked at the scarring wound on his upper arm, anger from knowing someone had hurt him on purpose and that she had not been able to stop it while regretting that she had been stupid enough to ask him about it.

"I'm here, drummer girl. Ain't going back there again," He said softly as she sat down beside him, his arm wrapping around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. A sigh of relief left her lips as the familiar scent of cigarettes and old leather hit her nose, his heartbeat ringing in her ear while his chest rose and fell with each breath. She was happy to have her boys back and she loved them all equally but something about Martin made her heart flutter as he smiled at her when he had caught her looking at him. She snuggled a little closer to him and laid her legs across his lap, claiming him as her very large and scary looking teddy bear. "I missed you" She uttered as she toyed with a button on his vest, a deep chuckle rumbled in his chest as he gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze "I missed you too, drummer."