Chapter 1 High School

Gabriel had noticed Keilyn alone in a hallway on this freshman year, but he couldn't muster the courage to talk to her. One year went by and he had finally mustered up the courage to go talk to her, but she just ignored him. Well, she did reply with a small 'hey' and then she walked away. He had only said hello anyway, so what did he expect? He needed to talk to her again. The next day he tried his luck again to see if she would respond and ask if he could see her alone to have more of a conversation. She replied nervously, asking him when, because she claimed she had been heading to her group of friends at the time. He had hoped for it to be right then but he suggested, "tomorrow maybe?", she replied with "Okay, I'll think about it.", he frowned and said "Alright, hopefully you consider." and he smiled as he walked off.

Keilyn went to her friends and started panicking. They asked her what was wrong and she told them everything. She asked them what she should do and they all said she should talk to him. Her friends know she couldn't talk to guys well, but she decided to give it a chance. She wasn't very good at talking to people, and to be honest, she didn't actually have many friends either. The friends she did have though, were all girls. She couldn't talk to guys. She never really needed to either. But now.. She was worried how it would turn out. What if she got so embarrassed, she couldn't say anything.

Gabriel was waiting at the designated spot and saw Keilyn come around and before she saw him Gabriel's face lit up and tried to scare her by jumping out of a corner. Keilyn was actually very easy to scare, and she jumped when he did. She blushed when she saw it was just him and wanted to run away.    Gabriel tried to make small talk and as how her day was going, then he told her he was worried that she wouldn't come and said "I would have asked what happened the next day." She tried not to look at his face and replied "Oh, uhm. I did come though.." Gabriel replied with "You coming made me honestly happy." then he smiled. Keilyn blushed and nodded "Oh.." Gabriel asked if Keilyn wanted to go anywhere close or eat somewhere and recommended a coffee shop, because it was cold outside. She shook her head and replied "I'd love to, but I can't." Gabriel asked "Why can't you..?" then he frowned and said "If coming bothered you shouldn't have forced yourself to come.." She shook her head more "No, no, no. It's not that!" She sighed "I just don't have any money." Gabriel booped her nose and said "I can pay for you" and smiled and said "I have enough for both of us." Keilyn replied "No, I just met you, I couldn't accept that. Maybe another time when I can afford it?" Gabriel replied with "That's okay, but do you mind i talk to you more in school..? Cause how else would i get to know you.." as he looked at her. She nodded slightly "Uhm, I don't mind.. I'm just not good at talking to people," She looked down "I'm really awkward." Gabriel pat her head and said "That's okay, it honestly took me a year till i was able to talk to you and i'm really happy i did.." Gabriel smiled again. Keilyn blushed and mumbled "O-oh.." Gabriel asked "Is it okay if I walk you home?" and smiled again "I just want to make sure you get there safely." She shook her head "I couldn't let you do that. You don't have to waste your time with me. I'll be fine." Gabriel replied with "Alright, get home safely and it wouldn't be a waste of time to walk you home, I haven't felt this happy in a while." and smiled. She blushed a bit more and nodded "Uhm, yeah. But I have to go now.." Gabriel smiled and said "I'll see you at school, is that okay?" She nodded "See you at school," and walked away. Gabriel smiled and walked home but was really happy but also sad.

The next day at school Gabriel approached Keilyn and had a small conversation before class started. This kept happening everyday and one day he asked Keilyn if she wanted to go somewhere again. She smiled and nodded, "What about that coffee shop?" Gabriel smiled and said "Sure, what day are you free?" She happily responded "I'm not busy today if you wanted to? If not tomorrow is fine too." Gabriel replied with "That sounds a-okay to me, i'll see you there." As the day passed Gabriel couldn't wait to see her tomorrow. He got nervous and ended not being able to sleep. Gabriel got to the coffee shop first because he didn't want to keep her waiting.