Chapter 1

Barely awoken from years of hypersleep, she struggled to find her balance. She looked around and noticed the ship looked as if struck by a tornado. She heard screaming - without thinking she put on the suit closest to her, grabbed an oxygen helmet and moved towards the screaming as fast as her stiff legs could carry her. 

She couldn't comprehend what she saw next; what seemed like a giant octopus was in deep struggle with someone to most likely eat him. Her mouth as well as the helmet she was holding dropped. After being unable to move for a few seconds out of utter shock, she spotted an axe on the ground. It could have been the shock or the fact she was still experiencing the aftermath of years of hypersleep, but she somehow found the courage to pick the axe up and swung it in the tentacles of the enormous beast. Even though she had never handled an axe before and was oblivious to what this creature was left alone where to strike it, the beast moved his tentacles as if it were in pain. The beast then aggressively tried to grope her as well with its tentacles, which loosened the grip on its victim. As soon as the victim was able to move, he then too started to strike the creature. She flung the axe around a few more times before the beast had retrieved enough for her to close the door. Heavily panting, she let out a sigh of relief and dropped the axe on the ground. She then looked up to see who this crew member she helped was, but her face immediately turned to shock when she noticed these weren't human eyes she was looking at. These eyes seemed to have no iris, they were completely pitch black, yet she had no difficulty telling her these eyes were angry... Very angry. She noticed his somewhat strange face, his pale skin, and his giant posture. With her small frame and lack of much strength, she suddenly felt incredibly small and vulnerable and wished she hadn't dropped the axe, even though wielding an axe would have probably made little difference against the colossus. The pale giant stared straight in to her eyes, still in furious state mixed with something that looked like disgust. Never having felt more uneasy in her life she didn't dare to move and looked down. Then he moved. 

With two big steps he was in front of her. In fear she stepped back only to be blocked by a wall. He put his hands against the wall, locking her in between his arms. He leaned over until his face was close to hers. Never having seen anyone so infuriated before and too scared to escape she lowered her head and closed her eyes, scared of what would come next. Her heart was racing. Suddenly he took his hands off the wall and hit the wall as hard as he could with his fists. She could feel the power his fists released close to her and her breath stopped. Fully aware of the enormous strength the colossus had, she knew she wouldn't survive a hit from him. She was sure the next hit would be aimed towards her... Due to exhaustion, shock and terror she realised the floor was suddenly very close before she hit it hard and everything went black.