glisten ✨

Cold. Wretched. Dark. That's how she felt; that's how she was. Her limp limbs wrapped around her, frozen, cradling her for what was to come. She was trapped in pure darkness. Alone, with nothing to save her. Except for the trickling ember of light slithering its path into her shattered soul, into her broken heart. That little burning flame. Draco.

     She was once the flickering fire in his heart. But then the icy cold washed over her, drowning her in the depths of  devastation.

    And once he too was choked by the same inky cloth of raven chaos, now stretched around the soft flesh of her pale neck.

     Initially, he had been in her place, left with only the misty memory of their fragmented love, strangling in his suffering that she had been gone.

    But now it was she, pained in the position of his loss, the loss of her lover lacing her life tightly.

    Their love once stitched the couple together, once bringing them to fight for their affection, fight for their love that was forbidden- according to her so-called friends and her wicked foes.

    But now the seam was broken. And all was lost. Her lover was lost to her; she was forgotten and deprived of everything but ebony blackness. Voldemort had been defeated but life was still as black as before. Everything and nothing had changed.

     Reflecting on the past, I see?

     She shuddered instantly as his crackly voice crept through her thoughts.

     "P-please go away," She stammered in fright, rubbing her freezing fingers together as if it would kindle warmth within her soul.

     How could I go away? I can never leave you. You need me, 'Mione. You need me here. And I need you.

"Stop it. Please," she repeated once again sternly, tears collecting at the corners of her eyes.

It wasn't him. No, it wasn't him anymore. He was gone. She was all alone.

I won't stop. 'Mione, please listen to me. It's me; it really is.

"Stop it at once!!!" She screamed, holding her ears tightly as if it could shut his voice from her mind, as if it could stop her from hearing him.

As you wish...but I'll be back. Because I can never leave you, my love.

She wiped her tears, trembling in terror, as silence swept across the now-empty room.

Empty room, empty like the world she survived in today. No friends, no tutors. Practically no one to be found.

The only thing that remained besides her shattered soul was the shadowy silhouette sliding through her half-open door to the dim room.

It talked to her, slipping into her mind ever-so-gently, as if her thoughts were merely ripples in a river and its words a finger swirling circles around it.

    She tried to ignore it, but she couldn't. Because even though she knew it wasn't his voice, wasn't him at all- for he was gone, she was sure-, she couldn't help but hope it was, dream that it was Draco all along. His voice washed over her these days, washed over her like the foaming waves of the bitter sea, engulfing her eventually.

     Biting her lip gently, she stood up from her cross-legged position on the floor, stood up in the still night, as she walked over to the dreary kitchen. Tugging the door of the fridge open, she pulled out a bottle of water completely iced over. Freckles of frozen frost danced its way up the spout of the bottle, embellishing the simple thing with intricate designs galore.