Calico Soulmate

(Spoiler)
WARNING :
This may be slightly triggering to those suffering with mental illnesses. Just be careful and stay strong :).

Yoongi was born in 1993 to a loving family and had been brought up to wish for his soulmate just like everybody else in society. On his 12th birthday he was excited to send his soulmate a gift. He had hoped his soulmate would be cute and he pretty much knew that they were younger than him as he had not received any gifts whereas some of his friends had received gifts from as young as 6 and practically knew exactly who there soulmates were somehow. Yoongi had thought long and hard about the first gift he would send to his. His friends had received cute gifts such as teddy's and pictures of their soulmates. One of his friends had received a drawing of what his soulmate believed he looked like... although incredibly off it was a nice idea however Yoongi knew there was no chance of him being able to draw. For his first gift he gave his other half a locket. Jewellery probably wasn't the most creative but knowing he wasn't going to receive a gift back he decided on matching lockers hopefully making it easier when meeting it also made him feel as if he was with them and calmed him down more than he would most like to admit. The locket was a simple gold circle, antique looking, the one he had sent (through making a small hole in the ground and burying it under moonlight) had his initials of M.Y. on the back. The one around his own neck was simply blank waiting for the day in which he discovered their name. That night he dreamt of a faceless face and the near future hoping his soulmate liked the gift that was given. It was a normal day of March the 9th for 10 year old Jimin. He was woken up by his mother yelling for him to get up for breakfast. As he had walked downstairs there was a knock at the door his mother went to open it before she gasped. Jimin being worried ran after his mother only to see a recognisable box. Stamped red and silver a small box was laying on their porch. Attached was a letter that had the name 'Park Jimin' written in cursive. His mother ran back with Jimin to the dining table where both her and Jimins younger brother watched in anticipation as his mother read the letter aloud. Inside described how his soulmate had turned 12 today and had sent a gift to Park Jimin. His soulmate. Jimin jumping up and down in excitement unopened the box to reveal a locket with what he could only assume to be his soulmates initials engraved on the back. Knowing his mate was born two years older than him rested his mind. He had waited for this and was ecstatic that his mate was older as Jimins ,although still 10, one true wish is to stay young and be treated with care. After his wish of meeting his soulmate of course.
Inside the locket displayed nothing just rust from how old the locket was. That same day Jimin and his mother went shopping as Jimin demanded to buy a small box where he would keep his thoughts and letters close. He bragged about his locket to most in his classes throughout the day and throughout the year. It made him feel calm and safe until he'd await the next year.
March the 9th rolled around the next year as Yoongi had been stressing out more over this gift than the last as with age he had seen many gifts and wished for his to be unique. Without particularly thinking he decided to give his mate a white coloured jar filled with small pink sheets which he had hand written his dreams of his own life as well as his dreams of what he could experience with his soulmate on each individually waiting for Jimin to read them. Sensitive 11 year old Jimin had broke down in tears after receiving them and had sworn he would give back the best gift of all on his next birthday as he knew his mate would not expect it. 2007 saw Yoongi turn 14 and as a gift to Jimin he gave lyrics to a song he had been writing in his spare time. He wasn't particularly proud of it but he had been thinking about the day he would meet his soulmate and had recently started to dabble in learning music despite his parents restrictions. Jimin woke up early that day and had waited outside the door constantly checking outside the window until his Mother told him the obvious as the package wouldn't come unless you stopped looking. Later on a letter was found and as Jimin read the letter through he knew that the Stars had been kind to him.