End

*ping*
Junhyuk's phone rang, the loud ping echoing through the quiet room. His parents glanced over at him before returning to their meal. His family never spoke during meals, and if they did, it was usually an argument. They weren't on bad terms or anything, it's just that they tend to avoid conversation while eating. Junhyuk glanced around awkwardly, not expecting his phone to ring. He didn't have many friends, and he didn't trust the one's he had enough to give them his number. The teenage boy sat there and nervously fidgeted with his fingers, even though he wouldn't be scolded for using his phone at the table. He finally decided to take his phone out to check what had caused his phone to speak up. As the screen turned on, he saw a text message.
"My parents are wondering if your family can come over for dinner tomorrow. Idk why"
Junhyuk smiled when he realized who it was from. The text was from none other than his boyfriend, Timoteo.
"K. I'll ask them bout it"
He answered. Junhyuk looked at his parents. He sighed, knowing how awkward it would be if he suddenly spoke. Eventually, he mustered the courage to tell his family about the invitation.
"Uh so um... I need to tell you something."
Real smooth Junhyuk. Great way to start a conversation, you fucking idiot. He inwardly swore at himself.
"We already know you're gay Junhyuk. You already came out," the high voice of his mom disrupted his thoughts. Junhyuk heard his sister snicker. He shot a glare at her.
"That's not what I was going to say mom. I was going to say that Teo's family invited us for dinner," Junhyuk answered, annoyance edging his voice.
"We already know," his father told him. Junhyuk sighed.
I just wasted my breath. Great.
Their dinner ended with that.
*Saturday evening*
Junhyuk's family pulled up at Timoteo's house, a place they had been many, many times. His sister was at a movie theatre with her own boyfriend, so it was just the three of them. Or so he thought. Junhyuk stepped out of the car, expecting his family to come out of it as well, but instead, they drove away. He heard his mom shout out, "Sorry sweetie, but we just wanted you two to have some alone time, not a dinner together!" By "we", she meant herself, her husband, and Teo's family. Junhyuk's jaw went slack as he realized that he had been deceived. Another shout was heard, this time from his dad.
"If you wanna do homosexual things, make sure you use protection!"
Junhyuk facepalmed at his parents. As happy as he was that they were supportive of his relationship, they sometimes were a little extra. Either way, he went up to the front door and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, the door was opened by Junhyuk's future husband. Err, boyfriend. Definitely boyfriend, nothing more.
Timoteo stood in the doorframe, looking quite attractive. He was always charming in Junhyuk's eyes.
"I'm really sorry about the whole setup. I just found out too," Teo apologized. Junhyuk smiled.
"Well that means we're alone. Wanna go out somewhere?" Junhyuk asked, secretly hoping his partner would say no so that he could do some *ahem* things with Teo. Of course, Teo said yes because he's smart enough to know what Junhyuk's ulterior motive was. And so they ended up deciding on going to a cute little restaurant because they were both equally starving.
They began their journey to the restaurant. They had to walk as none of them knew how to drive. Correction. Junhyuk had a driver's license but it was taken away after an incident. The walk was nice, as they talked about useless things, randomly gave each other small pecks, and being a cute couple. Half way through, though, their peaceful walk was disturbed.
"Hey sexy, wanna come home with me tonight? I have some candy for you!" a random guy called over to the couple. He attempted to give Timoteo a seductive look. He failed miserably but the couple got the idea. Some people looked over and a few of them joined in with the guy. Teo hid behind Junhyuk, extremely embarrassed, as the catcalls grew in number and some of them were quite excessive. His eyes widened and he hid his face in his hands to hide his blush. Junhyuk, being a good boyfriend, quietly ushered his lover away from the crowd. They had nearly escaped, when one final pervert approached them. The guy wrapped his arm around Timoteo's waist and pulled the thin man into his arms. The guy whispered something dirty into Teo's ear as his other hand began to roam around his captive's body. At this point, Timoteo wanted to cry. Junhyuk, on the other hand, was very, very, very angry. Infuriated, even. Junhyuk went up to the scumbag and pulled Teo away from him. He pushed Teo behind him to protect his precious. Junhyuk flipped off the pervert. He would have done worse, if his boyfriend wasn't there (Teo didn't like the sight of blood.)
"Hey, are you alright? Do you wanna go home?" Junhyuk asked, genuinely concerned. Teo shook his head.
"We went through all this trouble. I'll just be more careful now."
Junhyuk smiled a little, proud of how brave his boyfriend was.
After half an hour of walking, the couple had arrived at their destination. The restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere to it, as it usually did. They walked in, holding hands with their fingers tangled in each other's. They got some strange looks from some people, along with a couple disapproving frowns. Junhyuk was fine with it, but he noticed that Teo tensed up a little.
"Ignore them. Some people are just so narrow minded." Junhyuk reassured Teo. He relaxed a little, but not much. He was still shaken up from the incident. A waiter walked up to them. The couple recognized him, as they had been to the restaurant multiple times.
"Hey Junhyuk! Hi Teo!" The waiter greeted happily. "Just so you know, there are a lot of homophobes here today. But don't worry, I'll protect you from them!"
Junhyuk smiled at the waiter.
"Thanks for the offer Hojung, but I think I can handle it." Junhyuk answered politely. Hojung nodded and led them to a table. The couple sat down. Hojung left the two alone, while he inwardly cried because of his own loneliness. Junhyuk and Teo stared at each other for a long while, smiling fondly and generally being an adorable couple.
"Hey, how much is he getting paid to be your boyfriend?" some guy yelled towards them while sneering. Junhyuk rolled his eyes at the person and then glared at him. He kinda got used to the hate.
"Fuck off you dipshit. At least I'm not single." Timoteo's cursed at the person. Usually he doesn't snap like that, but he really lost it. Junhyuk beamed at him, pride filling his entire body. He turned to Timoteo. He saw worry in his boyfriend's eyes, something he was not expecting.
"Are you okay?" Junhyuk questioned, feeling nervous, as the two had never had this many problems before.
"You're not actually being paid right?"
"Hold on, I'm not being paid?" Junhyuk joked. Apparently Timoteo didn't understand that it wasn't a serious comment as he began to suppress a sob. Junhyuk's eyes widened in panic. He immediately got up to console his boyfriend and apologize.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry. I was kidding, please don't cry. Please, please, please..." Junhyuk wrapped his arms around Teo. The smaller of the two began to cry in Junhyuk's protective arms. Meanwhile, Hojung was watching the whole ordeal from afar. He quickly went to the couple, grabbed them by their wrists, and threw into a room.
"Don't think this is bad. This room is specifically for couples who aren't accepted by society. We are called "Rainbow" for a reason." Hojung explained. The couple stared at him, but then gratefully accepted the action. The rest of their date went along smoothly. And when they got home, well let's just say that they had some fun. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)