V

WORD OF THE BATHROOM INCIDENT spread immediately. Wherever the two went, campers pointed at Percy and murmured something about toilet water. Or maybe they were just staring at Selena, who was still pretty much dripping wet and smelled like shit.

She showed Percy a few more places; the metal shop (where the Hephaestus kids were forging their own swords), the arts-and-crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of Pan), and the climbing wall, which actually consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally, they returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins, "I've got to go talk to someone," Selena stated before sniffing herself, "and take a shower. Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow our cabin to the mess hall."

"Our?"

Selena nodded, "Don't worry, I'm undecided, too."

"I don't know what that means," Percy replied before looking at his surroundings, "Will I ever be able to go home?"

Selena frowned, moving to stand on the dock and stared down in to the dark water, not quite understanding why he would want to leave.

His mother was dead, and outside the boundary he would be in danger 24/7. Why would he want to go home?

"Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" He asked,

She shook her head, "I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human."

"Half-human and half-what?"

"I think you know." Selena smirked. He couldn't be that stupid, plus he had Chiron as a Latin teacher, who never shut up about the gods.

"God," He said. "Half-god."

She nodded, "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians."

"That's... Crazy." Percy admitted, shaking his head and taking a step back.

"Is it?" She raised her eyebrows, "What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?" She questioned, crossing her arms,

"But those are just-" She knew what he was going to say. Myths. "But if all the kids here are half-gods-"

"Demi-gods," She corrected,  "That's the official term. Or half-bloods."