Prologue

Patrick stood at the edge of the building. A reassuring breeze blew on his neck. He sighed. Was he really doing this? Should he really do this?

'It's for the best. It's not like anyone will miss you anyway.'

'Your right.'

He glanced at the ground below. The sidewalk looked so inviting. He couldn't think of a reason why he shouldn't.

'I'm a failure, a mistake.'

'That's why it's the right thing to do. You will be doing everyone else a favor. Trust me. Have I ever steered you wrong?'

'I guess not' Patrick closed his eyes.He took a deep breath and jumped.

Falling, falling, falling. Was he going to fall forever? He opened his eyes. He wasn't falling at all. He was flying. Flying? Impossible. He looked behind himself.Two bright white wings were attached to him. Was he dreaming? Was he dead? What the fuck?

The wings stopped flapping and he began to fall.

'No, no, no!' He let panic take over.

"please fly, please fly!" He screamed the wings began to flap again. He went higher and higher.

"Now where are you taking me?" He was going to wake up soon, wasn't he?

His feet hit the building roof again. What the hell just happened? He must be dreaming. He pinched himself. A glowing white figure appeared.

"Happy awakening little herald" A voice boomed.

"What now?"

"Awakening, child" It answered.

"Who are you?"

"Saber, but you can call me Say"

"May I see your face?" Patrick asked.

"When the time is right, child. When the time is right."