You, Me and Happiness

*For the Sherlockians, and their ships.

*For the ships' captains who would sink with them.

*It's just a one-shot, but I hope you enjoy reading it as me and my friend found great happiness writing it together.

*And to my friend, I just made a few tweaks here and there. Thank you so much for writing with me.

~ Ian M.

****

John. Come home. SH

I will. Later. JW

I kind of..have to tell you something. Something we have to discuss. SH

And you can't tell me through the phone? JW

Yes. SH

Is it good or bad? JW

It.. depends on you. SH

Okay. Are you alright? JW

I'm quite well. SH

Okay, good. I'll try to come home as soon as I can. JW

Thank you, John. SH

Do you need anything before I come home? JW

Some candy. Strawberry maybe? SH

Oh. Yeah, why not? JW

I'm quite worried now though. Can't you tell me what's going on? JW

[delayed] Something had just been going on... I'll wait until you get home. SH

Fine. I'm hailing a cab now. Won't be long anymore. JW

-SH doesn't reply-

A couple of minutes later John arrived at Baker Street. He was thinking about what Sherlock was going to tell him, preparing himself for the worst. Maybe he had done something wrong. Who knows? Maybe Sherlock has had enough of him now and didn't want him as a flatmate anymore. John quickly put that thought aside and opened the door, carrying a whole bag of strawberry candy inside. His nervousness increased with each step as he climbed the stairs to their flat. "Sherlock? Here's your candy." he called once he entered the living room, forcing himself to smile.

Sherlock flicked his eyes open, his fingers pressed together. He had combed his hair, washed his face and dressed himself in his purple shirt, awaiting for John to arrive. He had thought about this for months, thinking of the correct words to say, when to say it, and how to be ready if John reacted in any way he could possibly think of. The smile was forced, he knew, but John held out the candy he wanted. Prior to that, he had began to have a sweet tooth for that particular kind of sweet. "Thank you for coming home early, John," he said and tried not to sound so blunt.