Chapter 1 [The Uchiha]

"Pitter-patter, pitter-patter, pitter-patter."

Splattering, as if little children were happily playing around with paint, splashing colours everywhere.

Dripping, as if someone had carelessly forgotten to close the tap tight.

Stumbling, as if the little children had fallen onto the ground, yet do not cry.

Screaming, as if children were running around, playing an exciting game of catch.

Or so you thought. Simplicity masks the cruel reality as a fairy tale, but has the world ever been made of rainbow and unicorns?

Blood splattered on walls and dripped onto the ground as the cries and screams of victims were to no avail. All eventually met their fate as their lifeless body collapsed onto the ground, lying in their own pool of blood.

Ominous moonlight shone ever so brightly that night. Far ahead stood side by side, a duo with long raven hair that flew loosely as the wind blew against them. "I guess this is goodbye? I trust you take good care of him. See you soon maybe, my little sister"

"...Of course I will, you're such an idiot." She mumbled under her breath as she tilted her face sidewards. She couldn't bear to look him in the eye knowing she could do nothing about their parting. 

The boy gave a chuckle and headed off into the dark without another word. She made no attempt to go after him, neither did she try to stop him. All she could do was stand there watching as his silhouette got further and further away every second. His words echoed in her head relentlessly. Her heart ached more than ever and tears formed. 

"No feelings attached, Itsuko." She told herself, wiping off her tears, shoving aside whatever seemed to be her feelings. 

An isolated place alone and a time-out would have been the ideal situation for her but she showed no waver to her inner desires. Heading over to an unconscious black-haired little boy, she took him to her house and settled him in bed.

"What about you? What're you going to do now?Hearing concern from the supposedly highly dangerous nine-tailed fox that resides in her gave her some sort of comfort. At least some things didn't change. 

Sarcastically, she replied. "What else can I do? Sleep? Of course, I'm going to pack his things."

"You're going to let him live with you?" The nine-tailed fox, Kurama questioned. It came as a huge surprise since the Itsuko he knew had always preferred living alone. She definitely wasn't one that liked change either. 

"No. I'm living on my own. I'm just packing his stuff for him so he doesn't have to go back to that house again. It doesn't haunt me as much as it would haunt him."  Itsuko answered without batting an eye. After all, she did take part in the massacre. 

"What a caring sister." Kurama taunted and making fun of her, an attempt to brighten the mood. He had always joked with her whether it was during good or bad times. It was his way of helping her as her trusty companion. 

-

Entering the Hokage's office, Itsuko greeted the Hokage half-heartedly. 

"Itsuko, How've you been doing?" The Third Hokage looked up from his mountain pile of paperwork, placing a few stacks away. Itsuko could only cringe at this sight, pondering on the question, does he ever progress in his work? 

Before Itsuko had a chance to hear what he had wanted to discuss with her, a group of Jounins entered the room. Itsuko could only stand aside and watched as Lord third announced the upcoming genin teams. Frowning, she tapped her feet in impatience. She had better things to do than this. Soon after, everyone was dismissed, leaving Itsuko and Kakashi in the presence of the Third Hokage.