4.1 | f i v e .

MAKAYLA CHOKED on air

"W- what?!"

Dean was up her ass almost immediately.

"Makayla, did you make a deal?!"

"No, Dean, I didn't!  I... I wouldn't!"

His blazing eyes were staring down into the depths of her soul, and she felt panic rise up her throat for absolutely no reason.

Why am I afraid? she asked herself.  I haven't even made a deal...

"MJ."

Sam pressed quietly, gentler than Dean, but Makayla was growing helplessly defensive.

"No, Sam, I didn't make a fucking deal!  I can't even believe- for you to really think that I'd be so naïve...  to trust this lying piece of shit-" 

The demon laughed a high-pitched, maniacal laugh, but her lips twitched in a manner as to hint at her slight apprehension.

"Hate to end this adorable cat-fight, but your sissy didn't make a deal with any demon I know."

Dean narrowed his eyes, his smoldering gaze flicking from his sister to the waitress.  Makayla was glad that the heat was off of her.

"Then the hell are you talking about?"

The waitress studied her blood red fingernails, a devilish smirk plastered on her lips.

"Well, for the kind of heavy-duty shit your sister has done, it'd have to be one impossibly strong demon, that's for damn sure."

Sam's brows were furrowed as his eyes flipped back and forth between his siblings and the woman.

Makayla's fists were clenched at her sides as she attempted to regulate her breathing.

"Look, bitch, I haven't done anything-"

"Stop fucking lying!"

With startling and abrupt anger, the waitress slammed her fists down on the table so hard that it shook for moments after.  Makayla's blood ran cold as the demon's eyes shifted from black and back to normal.

The demonic server clenched her jaw tightly, her knuckles white.

"Now, whore, you better tell me what the fuck this guardian of yours is and how it was not only able to hide your rather pungent scent from us demons, but also how it raised your brother back from the dead."

Dean's eyes widened as his sister's skin appeared twelve shades too pale.  The glistening in her emerald eyes told him everything he needed to know;  Makayla was telling the truth.