#LoveSimon: Confessions

Dear World,

     I am writing this today to confess, to speak up for those who can't. I've had enough of the world where you feel welcome at first, and then not the next day. I am writing this to tell the world how I feel, so the opposite can come true. So people, for the first time, may open up about themselves... and feel free.  And I'm confessing... now.

The world feels lonely to people like me, they feel alive some moments, and other moments, they feel broken.
We are the people who cry when their parents have yet another fight, who are dubbed the 'lone wolf ' of the group at school. We are the ones who are silent, but somehow seem like the most carefree ones.  We are the ones who seem like social butterflies. We are resilient, and watchful. We are the ones who are wary of romantic development, we are the ones who don't want to get hurt. We are the ones who put on fake smiles, the ones who act as if they are interested in being someone's partner in life. We are the ones who end up trapped. We are the ones who live day to day, not sure of what will happen next. We are the ones who worry about what will happen when they grow up, when we finally leave the comfort of the family home. We are the ones who take interest in inside activities, the ones who don't really care for the noise of outside. We are the ones who feel guarded to themselves and people they don't know, and carefree to those we do know. We are the ones with walls built inside their minds, somehow almost a little unfeeling at times. We are the ones who used to be bubbly and free-flowing in youth, and are now dulled somewhat. We are the ones who research depression, take quizzes to see if we have it. We are the ones who end up with results of 86% depressed or higher, the ones who accept our fate. We are the ones who take Chinese zodiacs and are told we might maybe have liver disease and heart disorder this year. We are the ones who worry about luck, who worry about failing life. We are the ones who think about suicide, but don't want to die a painful death. We are the ones who get confused for cowards, something we are most definitely not. We are the people everybody sees around town, with staring expressions, going about day to day life. We are the ones who look towards online for our source of joy, and for friends. We are the ones who turn to music for solace, and depend on it. We are the ones who have to hide their hobbies because it's 'not cool.'

There is a whole community out there with people like me. Like this. Somewhere, we are all there. Why don't you reach out sometime, hmm?

Love, ReadWriteUnity.