Where is Mom?

Lilly stared out the window haunted by the memories of her childhood. Dark clouds covered the sky, the dense fog clouding her view, she still could see and feel the pitter patter of the cold rain hitting the tin roof. Lightening flashed illuminating her pale face, the familiar features angered her as she threw a rock into the mirror shattering the glass. An orphan at the age of 13, watching her father abuse her and her mother. Seeing her mothers pain in the tears that cascaded down her face until they eventually dropped onto her blood stained pants. Lilly began to tear up remembering how her mom kissed her forehead every night before she went to sleep. A tear hit the ground as Lilly's mind kept wandering. "My birthday was the hardest" Lilly said looking down as her dirty hands. Mom had told me that when i got home we would go out for some ice cream after school, but when i got home, mom wasnt anywhere to be found. Blood stained the walls as the young girl followed the blood streaks. Up the stairs she turned to the door on the right. The gorgeous pearl white door, surrounded by the red thick liquid. The red color streaked all along the door jam but never once touched the pretty door.