Adrienette

"Hey girl," Alya whispered to Marinette as class was starting. "Have you heard of the Apple Challenge?" Marinette nodded in reply, wondering why Alya wanted to know. "Why don't you ask Adrien to do it?"

Marinette's eyes widened and she looked down at her crush. She shook her head as she said, "There's no way he would say yes," Marinette whispered back.

"Fine then, I guess he'll do it with Lila instead," Alya said.

"What?" Marinette asked quietly.

"Lila is gonna ask Adrien to do it today after school. I guess she'll get to him before you do," Alya said with a shrug. 

As the girls were having this quiet conversation, Nino and Adrien were having a similar conversation. "Dude, you should ask Marinette to do the Apple Challenge," Nino whispered.

Adrien glanced around for a second to make sure the girl in question wasn't looking at him and he saw her listening to Alya. "I was already planning on it," Adrien said. "I'm just not sure how to do it."

"Just walk up to her and say, 'Marinette, do you want to do the Apple Challenge with me?'" Nino suggested.

"Do either of you four have something to say to the class?" Mrs. Bustier asked, noticing the side conversations going on.

"No ma'am," Marinette and Adrien said together. 

Marinette thought of something and took out a small slip of paper. She wrote on it, I have something to ask you after school. Do you have time? ~Marinette. After that, she dropped it at arm's length and it landed in Adrien's hair. He felt the small slip of paper in his hair and fished it out, reading the note shortly after. Adrien turned around and looked up at Marinette, nodding. They glanced at each other and gave small smiles before returning their attention back to the class.

~•~•~

After school, Marinette and Adrien said goodbye to their friends and waited until the classroom was empty before either one of them talked. "I had something to ask you," both teens said at the same time.

"You can go first," Adrien said.

"Mine can wait," Marinette said. "You can go first."

"Are you sure?" Adrien asked. Marinette nodded and he said, "Do you want to do the Apple Challenge with me?" Marinette's heart stopped as her eyes widened. "Is that a no?" Adrien asked, feeling his heart drop.

Marinette shook her head and said, "N-no, I was actually g-going to ask you the s-same thing."

"So that's a yes?" Adrien asked hopefully. Marinette nodded quickly. "How about tonight at 8? We could do it at my place."

"S-sure," Marinette said.

Adrien's phone beeped and he checked it. "I've got to go, my driver is waiting. See you tonight!" Adrien said, then ran off waving. Marinette just stood there with a huge smile and her hand up in a wave, gazing at the door Adrien had just exited.

Marinette's phone beeped. It was Alya asking if she did it. Marinette replied with, No, he actually asked me first.

And what did you say?

I said yes. We're going to do it tonight at his place.

Tikki just then spoke up, saying, "I can't believe you're doing it tonight with your crush!" Marinette smiled happily but then realized that she had to get ready for tonight. Marinette ran home, her heart feeling as light as air.

  ~•~•~ 

Marinette glanced at the clock, which said 7:30. She knew it would take somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes to walk to his house, so she grabbed her purse, making sure Tikki was hidden inside with plenty of snacks in case someone got akumatized.