I : The Beginning

Ethan

"Ugh..." I groaned.

I didn't want to get out of the bed. But I had work to do before Grace and the kids come home. I climbed out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror, realizing that I needed to shave. But, it could wait until after my shower. I start up the water, luke-warm, just the way I like it. I soaped up and rinsed off.

I grab the towel from the rack and dry off. Then, I slide on a pair of boxers and walk towards the sink. I started the tap and reached in the cabinet for a new razor and shaving cream.

I rub the shaving cream on my face, and start to shave. As I finish, I put on some after shave and go back to the bedroom. I open up my wardrobe and look out what I have to wear. I pick out a teal shirt with pink flowers on it and some khakis.

I walk out the bedroom and I hear a squaw. I look down at the cage. Inside was my youngest son's parrot, Marvin. Marvin was a very outgoing bird, always repeating what you said.

"How you doin bud?" I said to the bird.

Squaw! "How you doin bud?" It repeated.

I laugh when he repeats me. I stand back on my feet and make my way down stairs. I walk to the fridge, and I see a note, it's from Grace.

Ethan,

I'll be home with Jason and Shaun by 2:00. I hope that you will do some excellent drawings of those houses. Please have the presents wrapped by the time we get there. I want Jason's 10th birthday party to be spectacular

Love,

            Grace  

Now I know to wrap those presents before two. But, I still have work to do. So, I grab me a small breakfast and go to my office. I see on my laptop a message from the client. They want a very modern design with a big pop to it. Im sure I can figure something out.

I sketch out the outline of the house, keeping in mind modern. I look at the clock 1:10. Crap! I stop the half shaded sketch and run up the stairs to go wrap the presents.

**

I finished wrapping the presents right before Grace and the kids got home. The look on Jason's face when he gets home is unreplaceable. So happy, and excited. There is nothing more in this universe that matters more to me than my sons.

**

We wait until all of the kids get her for Jason's party and we all sing Happy birthday to him. Jason opens up his presents, which he loved. A starwars themed room set. With bedsheets, pillows, beanbags, and all that. It was the perfect gift for a ten year old.

We couldn't forget our 8 year old son, Shaun , who we gave some money. We always give him money to buy his own stuff or to save, because he is "independent."

It was getting late and the kids started leaving around 7:30. After they all left, Grace and I cleaned up the backyard. After we finished, we went upstairs and got in the bed. My eyes shut tight for the night as soon as I hit the pillow.