jυѕт an eхтra

The golden hues of Dewford Town shone brightly as early as 6am. The waves gently splashing against the docks of Dewford, aquatic Pokémon already up and ready to gather berries for consuming.

In these sultry days even the ocean breeze is hot. The shore is more reminiscent of opening an oven on baking day than standing on the sand, salty waves engulfing bare toes.

The water was gentle as Iria waded through it, the sunrise like orange paint on a blue canvas. The water was clean and soft. Gentle.

If Iria hadn't been a person growing up in the vicinity of the sea, and witnessed bad storms which claimed lives, Iria would have believed the facade. The water was powerful, with enough force to destroy and rival the land.

But then, the most innocent faces were the wildest. But today, the seas are warm and gentle as she swam laps with Meditite, the bipedal Pokémon swimming next to her. It was today, she will go on her self induced trial, to see whether she could reach the innermost part of Granite Cave, and finally start off her adventure. She had given up many times, and had to train harder, but now, she was ready, and able.

"Meditite, we're done, let's go!" Iria exclaimed as she finished her routine of 20 laps to the little island near Dewford and back. It would be the last day she'll do this. And then on, she'll go, to Evergrande City, after collecting badges.

Her house was situated near the Pokémon Centre, her warm and cosy house, soon to be left unattended, alone but homely. She had already packed her travel backpack. Not ever turning back.

Her late parents who had been lost in the storms would have wanted her to become the very best, as they themselves had almost became the strongest themselves. Only losing to Drake, now one of the Elite Four, a strong and stoic man.

Before the people of the town started to work and wake up, before this serenity is broken. She'll go into Granite Cave. And finally reach her goal, her goal that her family started with.

With that, she entered Granite Cave.

To enter the cave was to become engulfed in chilling blackness. The absence of light meant the absence of its warming touch. Underfoot the loose stones shifted, twisting her ankle one way and then the other, and the noise of those disturbed rocks echoed off the dense stone walls.

Ahead was the sound of water dripping into water. But even with a torch to cast light into the black crevices, there was no way to tell how deep it was or if her next step would take her into it's frigid depths. As afraid as she was she believed this a good place to lay low. The rock would hide her from the hostile Pokémon in the cave as she'd made her way to the mouth by walking in the edge of the lacy tide water, there would be no scent for the Pokémon to follow either.

Occasionally she'll trip and fall, but her Meditite is eveready to support her, she's very grateful for it, and always will anyway.

But even without scents off her, Zubat's Echolocation is as sharp as normal, fending off Zubat after Zubat. With a barrage of Karate Chops and Force Palms. It still hasn't dulled the Zubats relentless attacks.

"Meditite, dodge that Zubat!" Iria exclaimed, as a Zubat came through with Aerial Ace, an attack uncommon for a Zubat to have at this stage.

But instead of attacling Meditite who had no chance of dodging the attack, the Zubat instead attacked it's own kind. Shielding Iria from harm.

"What is that Zubat doing?" Iria asked Meditite, her trusting partner.

It shrugged and just watched on.

As the Zubats retreated back into the cave. The solitary Zubat, flapped it's little bat wings towards Iria.

Iria could've sworn, the Zubat just smiled.