A Little Give and Take

What is this? Another oneshot? That's right! Once again, this is a follow-up within the realm of "Love in the Time of Teamwork" set in the midst of XYZ 20, which is, as you know, the final episode of the Master Class. Truly, in this case, you don't need to read that first story. This is the kind of story where all but a few lines will make sense without it, as it merely helps to illustrate a point. Either way, I hope you enjoy it.

Author: Epicocity

Rating: K

Pairings: Amourshipping, naturally.

P.S. I've been thinking about adding image covers to each of the Pokémon stories so no one gets confused...but I have no idea what kind of pictures to use!

DISCLAIMER: No, I don't own Pokémon. That should have been obvious.

A Little Give and Take

An Amourshipping Pokémon Oneshot

"Aria, are you decent?" called the voice from outside the Kalos Queen's dressing room door. She smiled a little, recognizing the voice all too well.

Buttoning her shirt up, she called, "Yes, Palermo. Come on in."

The door opened and Aria turned her head to see the older woman enter the room. As usual, she was hardly wearing a smile on her lips, but the Kalos Queen had long come to expect that. Even when she had first won the title of Kalos Queen, Palermo could barely offer a twitch upward of her lips. Now that she had defended her title, she expected even less. The door closed behind the older woman as Aria pinned some earrings to her ears. The older woman, her "master", sighed a little as she watched her. This made Aria turn her head out of interest.

"Did you enjoy the Master Class?" Aria asked. Palermo didn't respond, though it wasn't like the pinkette figured she would. "How's Serena's hand?"

"It would appear to be fine," Palermo finally grunted out, like the answer was being wringed from a sponge. "That girl is as reckless as you once were. She could have broken her wrist, yet she still went on with the performance."

"I guess he rubbed off on her a little too much," Aria giggled out, turning back toward the mirror. Looking at her reflection, Aria frowned a little. Something seemed off, but she couldn't quite figure out what it was. Palermo was finally on the move, taking a seat on a chair in the room and folding her hands on her lap.

"He?" Palermo asked, as though concerned about Serena and "him". Aria's frown deepened for just a moment before she shrugged it off and turned to Palermo with yet another giggle.

"Her boyfriend, Ash," Aria said plainly. Palermo blinked, hardly betraying her reaction. That was so like her, and Aria didn't wait around for the older woman to respond, focusing instead on her hair. As she did, she let her thoughts wander. How long had it been since the Kalos Team Tournament? A month or so? It was amazing to have seen how much Serena had grown in that time, but more than that was the way Ash and all his friends supported her so fully in the finals of the Master Class. She had to wonder if it would have been the same had the runner-up and he not been dating.

"So, she has a boyfriend, does she? That may complicate things..." Palermo expressed, a sigh on her lips. Her hands now reached up and began to play around with her sunglasses.

"You didn't...?" Aria asked, knowing to what Palermo was likely referring. "You asked her to train under you, didn't you? To surpass me?"

"You can't be Kalos Queen forever," Palermo snapped, closing her sunglasses at the same time. "In either case, that hardly matters. Tell me about this Ash."