Mom, I'm Pregnant

We sat there several minutes after I said those words. I wondered if she heard me, I can't think of the last time she was speechless. "Mom, I'm so sorry I don't know how I let this happen." I said tears in my eyes, She pulled me into one of her amazing hugs. "Oh, kid it's okay I'm happy, I'm gonna be a nana, you just surprised me this is a good thing Rory you're becoming a mom. You're not a kid like me and your dad were you have a college degree and you're writing a book you can do this." With her words I knew everything was gonna be okay rather I decide to include Logan or not. "Thank you mom, I'm actually really happy about it I'm just confused right now." I admitted finally. "I see, so, it's Logans." She asked with sympathy in her voice. "Yea, it's Logan's." I admitted. "And he gets married in about a month." She asked knowingly. "Yeah," I said with my heart breaking all over again. "Lets go get you ready for your wedding mom, I'm gonna be great once I make some decisions about where to live and work, but today is about you and Luke." I said happily finally feeling a bit at peace.
Hours later everyone was ready and it was time for the wedding. "Grandma you look beautiful." I said kissing her on the cheek. "So do you Rory." She answered back. "Wait til you see mom!" I smiled back. "Oh Lorelai, you look perfect." Grandma said watching mom walk down the stairs into our living room. "Thanks mom." Mom looks like she's on the verge of tears now. "Don't cry mom we worked to hard on your make up" I joked. Finally we are at the town square and I'm watching mom walk down the aisle towards her forever, then their vows, "Lorelai, you make me happy, I've loved you for almost twenty years, I will give you coffee but please don't go away, this thing were doing, I'm in, I'm all in." Luke finished and I'm already a blubbering mess knowing the meaning behind every part of his vows. "Luke, I loved you before I even knew it, keep me in coffee and you'll have me forever, I'm in, I'm all in." They kiss and it's time for the reception, I get myself together and give them both a hug. Sitting at the reception Jess comes over to me. "Hey you, why so glum?" He asked cooly. "Not glum at all just thinking." I laugh back at him. "Oh?" He says inquizitively. "Yeah, Jess, I'm pregnant." I blurt out. "Oh Ror, that's fantastic." He says happily and I just smile at him. "Don't worry I won't tell the town gossips til your ready." He jokes. "Thanks Jess." I laugh back and give him a hug. "So, the blonde dick?" "Yes it's Logan's baby, how in the hell did you know?" I ask surprised he figured it out. "Rory, I've only seen you like you've been the last few weeks once before and that was after you turned his proposal down so I figured you had probably said goodbye again." He smiled. "I'm so glad you're one of my best friends Jess." I smiled back and hugged him. Many years ago I thought me and Jess could have been the end game and then I realized he was always just a friend, thankfully we both came to the same conclusion on that. Mom and Luke have left for their honeymoon now and I'm sitting in my childhood bedroom staring at my phone at his name, how do I tell him, how do I mess with his dynastic plan. Oh shit Paul Anka just startled me and I hit send it's ringing and I don't know what to say. "Hello, Ace is that you?" I hear his voice. "Um, um, hey Logan I um I'm sorry I must have pocket dialed you." I lie. "Ace, come on, you didn't call me on accident what's up?" He said. "Um, Logan I think calling you was a mistake I shouldn't have." I said. "Rory, stop, why did you call, I'm happy to hear your voice but you're rambling." He said cooly. "Logan, I'm pregnant." I said. "Oh, um." By his immediate reaction I was irritated. "You know what Logan I just thought you should know, I don't expect anything I know you have your dynastic plan, goodbye Logan!" I said, before I hung up though he said one last thing. "Ace, I'm sorry I signed the contracts a week after we said goodbye I can't back out now." That was enough to know he wasn't going to choose me. "Goodbye Logan." "Goodbye Ace."