𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | MEMORIAL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE RILEY'S STRAINED RELATIONSHIP WITH DAMON, THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE THOUGHT IT BEST IF SHE MOVED HER BELONGINGS INTO ONE OF THE SPARE ROOMS. She heard him leave the house and thought it would be the best time to move, whilst he was gone. The way that Riley felt about Damon would never change, and she knew that. But, she had to put herself first.

"Hey." Stefan knocked on the bedroom door with a sympathetic smile on his face. "You didn't need to do this, you know? I would've done it for you."

"No. I needed to do it." She vigorously shook her head instantly. "I needed this."

"This isn't about to be easy, you know that?" Stefan took a few steps into the room and placed himself on the bed beside her. His left hand gently rubbed her forearm. "Even a blind person could see how you two feel about each other—"

"—He tried to kill Matt, Stefan."

"Yes. I know. But, Riles, I think you're just looking for excuses not to get back with him. I mean, yeah, he hurt you and he tried to hurt Matt. But, I think you're doing this to avoid him hurting you further down the line." He nodded slowly when he saw her eyes turn into complete realization. "Trust me, I get it. But, just please make sure you're doing this for all the right reasons, not just out of fear."

Their conversation immediately came to an abrupt halt when they heard Caroline's voice screaming for Stefan throughout the house. The two rushed down the staircase and saw Tyler, who had several wounds on his chest, where he had been shot with what appeared to be wooden bullets.

Stefan rushed over and laid the Hybrid down while he tried to pry the bullets out of Tyler's torso with a pair of metal tongs. "Please tell me that's the last one," Caroline begged while she held onto Riley while the Salvatore pulled the bullets from her boyfriend's chest.

Stefan took out the final bullet and observed it in the hold of the tongs. "These were specifically carved; the length, the width. If you were a normal a normal vampire, you'd be dead." He placed the bullet in a glass of alcohol to clean the blood from it.

"Which means whoever did this quite clearly wanted to get the job done," Riley stated as she observed the bullet in the glass and furrowed her brows.

"This guy knew exactly what he was doing." Tyler nodded in agreement with Riley. "His gloves must have been steeped in vervain. He was looking for a vampire and he didn't hesitate for a second when he found one."

The Salvatore's eyes remained firmly on the bullet. "These etchings—" As he went to touch the bullet he was immediately burned when his skin collided with the wood.

"What the hell was that?"

"Are the bullets spelled?" Caroline's eyes flipped between Stefan and Riley's with a look of both confusion and horror spread across her face.