𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | THE RAGER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY REMAINED SEATED OUTSIDE THE FRONT OF MYSTIC FALLS HIGH. Today was their first history lesson in Alaric's classroom and it didn't feel right sitting there and knowing that he wasn't coming back. Riley felt like since Alaric died, a piece of Damon had died, too and she slowly began to notice it more and more with every day that went by without the Saltzman.

Suddenly, the double doors of the school swung open to reveal Stefan, Caroline, and an angry-looking Elena Gilbert. "Uh— what is it? What happened?" Riley raised an eyebrow as the Gilbert girl strode over to her.

"Rebekah! God, she's such a bitch." Elena gritted her teeth as she paced up and down in front of them. "She was gloating about killing Alaric, and then cornered me in the bathroom and tried to make me losing control!"

"It was a valiant first-day effort," Caroline told her with a sigh as she sat on the table beside Riley. "No one will judge you if you want to go home."

"I don't want to go home. I want to take the White Oak stake and kill her. That's how mad I am." Elena snapped in anger whilst Stefan, Caroline, and Riley all rolled their eyes. "She made me murderous!"

"While that is perfectly justified, I don't think killing Rebekah will do you any favours," Riley commented before she took a sip of her water from her bag and then slipped it back inside when she finished.

"How about we leave the murdering to Damon?" The Salvatore got up and walked toward his flustered girlfriend.

"And—and then do what? Ignore her to death?" The doppelganger scoffed in disbelief.

"Look, she's trying to make herself feel better. She knows that everybody hates her, so she's trying to hate harder." The Salvatore explained in an attempt to make Elena feel less like committing murder. "Tell you what, let's just skip the rest of the day. Go have some fun. I feel like this day is severely lacking in fun."

Elena looked over at Caroline and Riley who smiled back at her, silently telling her to agree. The Gilbert turned back to Stefan and finally nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Okay, fine. We'll go to her party and show her that she can't intimidate me. I just have to go home and change first."

Elena turned around and waved goodbye to Caroline and Riley and then left. The Salvatore watched her leave before he turned around and saw the bizarre look Caroline was giving him.

"Care? What is it?" Riley jumped up from the table and looked her straight in the eyes with her arms folded across her chest.

"Does she seem a little off-balance to you both?" She spoke with her eyes firmly pressed against Elena as she walked off.

"Yeah. She's channelling all her emotions into rage. It makes her feel like she has a purpose. I used to do that too when I was— you know."