At last

I woke up this morning feeling all the hits from yesterday all over my body. I stand up and walk to the bathroom and strip out of my clothes to take a shower. While the water is warming up I look myself in the mirror. I see my tangled brown hair, my dull blue-greyish eyes. My eyes trail down my body and see all my bruises and scars that I have gotten the past few years. When I snap out of my thoughts I get in the shower to feel the warm water run down my back and feeling the stings over my wounds.

When I'm done with the shower I get dressed in my baggy shirts and loose pants. I barely brush my hair when I put it into a bun. I walk downstairs and see my parents all happy and smiling. I try to walk past unnoticed and succeed. I start my walk to school when a car drives past way too fast and into a puddle that I'm soon drenched from.

Finally, I get to school where I walk straight to my locker to see if I have any spare clothes. When I find a pair I walk to the bathroom to change but on my way there someone bumps into me and I drop all of my clothes into a small puddle of water that I hadn't noticed. I bent down to pick up the soaked clothes when I reached for the clothes I saw a hand reach to pick them up for me. I look up to see the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen in my life. I go back up but I keep my eyes locked on his eyes.

I then see is mouth move and I come back to reality. "Are you okay?", he said and I immediately fell in love with his voice. I clear my throat before I speak "Yeah... just fine... Thank you". He looks me in the eyes and says "My name is Grayson". "I'm Makayla". "Makayla what a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl". Just hearing him say my own name got me melting but he was wrong with one thing. I was not beautiful.

All around school I heard people calling me ugly and push me against the lockers to kick me and punch me in the gut. "I don't believe you" I said carefully in case he was like the others and would hit me in the face for being rude. "Why?", he said looking confused. Eventually I ran away and into the girl's bathroom. In there I saw the queen bee of the school, Sarah, she hated me so much and I have no idea why. "What are you doing here nerd", she said. "I'm so sorry Sarah it won't happen again", I said scared to say something wrong.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked carefully to the classroom. At the end of the day I was walking home in the rain, feeling the beatings I got during lunch. I started thinking about how everyone would me much happier if I were dead. I was planning my own death. That night I fell asleep crying my eyes out.

The next morning, I got ready for my plan. I started walking to school and when I got there I walked past everyone that was looking at me with disgust. I walked to the stairs and just stood there for a second before taking a deep breath and continued up the stairs. While walking up on the stairs that would lead to the roof. Step after step I got closer to the roof I had been thinking about all the people that I cared about.

Finally, I got to the roof and I walked to the edge and sat down on the edge and looked over the school yard I waited a while until every student of school as well as some teachers. I silently heard how students started yelling and chanting for me to jump. I looked down at the people down on the yard that hated me so much and saw the teachers looking worried and tried to get me down. I started standing up on the edge when I heard the door to the roof shut close. But I didn't care but then I heard someone yell "STOP".

I looked back and saw Grayson standing by the door. I had tears in my eyes and everything started getting blurry. I felt my head starting to feel lighter and I heard footsteps hurrying towards me as I fainted. My only thought was, "Am I dead?". I don't know how long it's been but I could hear faint voices around me but I could only see black. I tried many times to move or open my eyes but nothing happened. I could hear a door open and close faintly in the back and footsteps coming closer to me when I heard the voice that I'm always going to love.

"Your parents are outside in the waiting room, they let me come see you first. Makayla you need to wake up. I can't wait any longer, I need to see your beautiful eyes again. I need to hear your beautiful voice as you talk back to me when I say you're beautiful. And I need to look into your eyes as I tell you my feelings for you but you need to wake up first. Please Makayla fight the darkness and come back to me, to your parents."

I could feel his hand holding mine as he squeezed it tight and I really wanted to squeeze back and open my eyes so that I could look into his beautiful eyes one last time. I tried hard to open my eyes and when I did I got blinded by the sunlight peeking in through the curtains. I looked around the room and then to my right where I saw the boy whom I have fallen deeply for. He looked at me shocked that I saw awake but the I saw the happiness in his eyes. He came closer to me and leaned his forehead against mine.

I looked in his beautiful eyes and started leaning in to kiss him but he was faster and then I felt his lips against mine. I started kissing back and wrapped my arms around Grayson's neck as I kissed him passionately. I opened my eyes and looked Grayson's worried face. After the kiss when I had started getting used to the brightness I looked around the room and confirmed my suspicion about being in the hospital. I looked back at Grayson and saw his beautiful smile. "Hi" I said quietly to him while smiling so much that my cheek started to hurt. I heard his laughter fill the empty room.

~