3) Summer Is Back

I wake up feeling the warm breeze entering through the window. I can also feel a bit of sweat precipitated on my back because of the hot climate, can smell the lukewarm scent of summer. I smile, excited. Summer is back.

I love summers. Every day last summer, my mommy would take me to my favourite garden and I would see the big, giant earth swallowing the tiny - but fierce sun. I would play in the garden, swing on the swings, play games with mommy till the sun was set. We had school holidays, so I was free all day. I'd play in the warmth of the sun, roam in-around the neighbourhood with my purple three-wheeled bike. I was five years old back then. Now I am six - I have now grown to be a big, brave girl.

Summer is my favorite season, and now it is back. So, I want to see the sun.
I get up from the bed and jump on the floor. I can hear mommy cooking in the kitchen.

 I can hear mommy cooking in the kitchen

I run and hug her from behind. I just reach half to the height of her legs. So I just hug her legs.

"You are awake, Anisha! Good. Now let's get ready for the day, little girl!" She says and kisses my forehead, bending down.

"Mommy! My summer is back! I will be having holidays soon, and my sun is also back! I want to see the sun mommy!" I call out enthusiastically.

"Yes, yes, my sweet summer child, your summer is back. We'll surely visit the garden to see the sun, but for now, I have some work. Maybe we will go later?" She asks, and my smile disappears.

"I want to see the sun now, mommy. Please? Let's go?" Mommy hesitates.

"Sorry, Anisha, I have to do this work. But it will be done in no time I promise." She says. I am too stubborn though. I can't say okay just like that. Suddenly, an idea comes into my mind. I should go out myself. I think. I'm a grown up girl now.

"Mumma? Is it okay if I go out to see the sun? I won't go far away. Just the garden, and one look at the sun, and I will be back. Please?" I ask, really hoping that mumma says yes.

Mommy smiled. "Okay. Do that. But be safe, okay? Don't go too far, and stay away from strangers."
I hug her again, and run out of the house.

I take the path that would lead me to the garden. I am so happy, the summer is here!

 I am so happy, the summer is here!