9 ||

Chapter 9.

What the FUCK had I done?

"Shit." Was my one word response.

I turned my head to see Aaron beside me on the floor. He stared up to the ceiling, an unreadable expression on his face.

We were both breathing hard, sweating like buckets but I think we were both feeling somewhat regretful. I mean, I certainly was.

This was my job and I had just gone against everything I was trained for. What I was doing was illegal, jail time illegal, and for a girl like me, that was the scariest thought.

"Chloe." His voice saying my name made me jump. As if I jumped out of the thoughts I was in, I jumped up from the floor and started to throw my clothes back on to my partially unclothed body. "Chloe."

"Don't." I snapped. "Don't talk to me." Wow, was I really going cold on him? This was my fault just as much as his.

I couldn't look at him. Was I really that easy? He only had to say one word and my legs were opening themselves up to him. Damn him for being so hot and damn me for being so obsessed.

I couldn't look at my uniform, either. I had this uniform because I was good enough to get this job and now look at me. I was in the stock room with a prisoner, after just having slept with him!

I was going to hell. I was going down and I must have been mad to think Aaron cared too.

"Wanna go cold now, do you?" He asked, his voice low and sending shivers down my back.

"I can't believe it." I whispered. I pulled my trousers on and did the belt up across my waist. "What a fucking fruitcake." I slapped my head, repeatedly.

Someone just kill me, please. It came to a point where I was just thinking about tasering myself in to a coma.

I was mortified.

"Shut the fuck up, Chloe." I watched him as he looked to the ceiling. "It's just a fucking." His husky voice sent my emotions in to a spiral.

I grabbed hold of a baton to the side of me and threw it at him with all my might.

"Just a fucking!" I shouted. "I tell you what this was, a mistake." Once I was dressed, I took hold of the taser on my belt and held it out to him.

"Chloe." I watched as he got up from the floor, his big tattooed body towering over mine, his face unaffected by the taser before him. "Put the taser down."

I held it still.

"Taser me and watch what happens, I dare you." His voice was threatening and a shot of fear flew down my spine.

It wasn't as if he wasn't capable of killing me with his bare hands. He was a lot bigger than me, a lot stronger. He had done it before, he could have done it again.

I stepped away from his large body and I watched his eyes darken at the movement.

"Don't touch me." My voice sounded weak, even to my own ears.

Come on, Chloe, woman up!

"Why are you scared?" Aaron asked, his face looking dejected. He masked it pretty well, though.

"Step away." I tried to sound stronger. I moved another step back from him, realising just how stupid I had been.

I wanted to cry my eyes out and I'm sure he saw that too.

Once a tear slid out of my eye and down one cheek, he tried to step forward but I took another step back and the taser shook in my hands.

"Why are you fucking scared of me?!" He boomed. His body was rigid but I jumped out of my skin at his voice. It was so loud and deep, scary and manly.