Chapter 1: The Rebirth of Death

Y/N's POV

I awoke quickly as if someone had thrown water on me, but this felt strange, cold was what I felt all over. I opened my eyes yet I saw no light. I could hear dozens of them, raspy voices surrounding me in curiosity. I stood up on what seemed to be a transparent surface, I was not in my bedroom...

???: It's a human!

???: What's a human doing in here?

???: Who summoned this soul. Because I want it for myself!

I looked around in fear, cornered, trapped in an abyss of darkness. Then, my eyes eventually adjusted to the dark. I could see them, lots of strange creatures of all shapes and sizes surrounding me. What kinds of abominations were these things? I don't know, it frightens me.

???: You seem surprised to be here, human. I can assure you, you are not in your own realm.

Another voice said, though it was right behind me. It sounded... normal? Like it was the voice of a human, but it wasn't, it couldn't be.

Me: W-who are you?

I asked, shivering a bit out of fear, but also curiosity in itself. The humanoid figure walked all around, as if it were inspecting me thoroughly. I kept eye contact with it, or him? As I came to recognize that this figure had a male build to him.

Marik: My name is Marik. I am what you humans would call, a Monster, Devil... Demon.

I regained myself, as I stood at attention to him, unwavering.

Me: I am... Y/N L/N. A... human.

Marik: It would seem so, am I right boys!?

He gave a question as a roar as if joking around of me for playing the obvious, the surrounding demons laughed, some pointing at me in hysterics. I... was in the demon world?

Me: This seems to be another alternate dimension. A dimension filled with the wicked... and the smitten.

I heard dismays and hisses all around. Marik seemed repulsed at my statement. Though he quieted the surrounding entities of mischief so he could speak to me.

Marik: Yes, human. You have been summoned to the Demon world. And it seems you've brought... a little trinket with you. It burns of... the light. You are a playing man I see.

Marik said, seemingly curious at what lay beneath my shirt. I held my hand over the golden rosary I was wearing.

Me: A gift from my father... Yes I'm a religious person... I'm supposed to believe that you... Marik and you all!

I said, motioning to every demon that currently surrounded me. I didn't fear these entities... why should I? I'm a religious man, I pray heck I even have this crucifix with me.

Marik: A bold boy I see. Tell me, human... do you fear death?

He asked, I shrugged.

Me: Every human's supposed to fear Death, it's a natural feeling for us.

???: He's a praying person! HIS SOUL WILL BE MINE!

I heard a spine-tingling snake-like voice screech. From what I assumed to be a snake-like demon, fitting for something like him.

Marik: HIS SOUL WILL BE STAINED BY NONE OF YOU!

He bellowed, even tough we were practically the same height. Marik seemed like he was the biggest entity here. Dwarfing me and even the other demons.