Chapter 1: A Good Day

Notes:

Okay, just FYI, this one probably isn't going to be as fluffy and funny as the others. Don't get me wrong, I will put that in as much as I possibly can (because I love it as much as the rest of you), but this one is going to be more Case and Action driven; as I said, I really want to expand my abilities and I really do have a weakness for action/adventure type stories.

Also, for the first time ever I am actually starting with a fairly organized outline, so I actually know where I'm going!

(First time for everything right?)

Anyways, Enjoy!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Here's your change, Have a good day, sweetie" The pretty barista said with a warm, slightly flirty, smile, handing Simon his coffee

"Thanks, you too" Simon cheerfully replied, totally oblivious

It was going to be a good day, he just knew it! He'd woke up a full fifteen minutes before his alarm, ready to face the day. Traffic was light, the weather absolutely perfect; he even had plenty of time before work to run a few quick errands. He's first stop was to pick up the new Justice League movie, it wasn't supposed to be out for another week, but the comic book store got some in early, he was there before they even unlocked the door. He'd made it to the drycleaners to pick up some of his work clothes. Clothes that his wonderful, sweet, amazing boyfriend helped him pick out. Who he had a date with after work; they were going to dinner at some nice place that Raphael had picked out and then they were going back to Simons to watch the movie; a perfect evening.

Checking his watch he saw that it was just a bit after 8 and he didn't start work till 9 today; plenty of time for his last errand. Maybe, if he finished early enough, he could stop by that place on the corner and bring in pastries for everyone, just because. May as well try to make it a good day for everyone else too.

He bounded up to the doors of the bank whistling slightly, and glanced up. Well, maybe he won't be able to get the pastries. It was already pretty busy today, but he really needed to get this done. He just had to transfer some of his paycheck into his savings account. Usually he'd just be able to do it online, but the banks servers had been kinda having errors and issues the last few days, saying they were down for maintenance, so he had to actually physically go into the branch. He briefly thought about skipping it now and coming back later, halfway turned back to the door, but stopped himself. He'd been putting it off for a few days already and he really wanted to get it done. He was trying to make an effort to be more mature; since his promotion to junior detective he has really wanted to step up a bit, prove that he really can do this. He had the feeling that some of the other officers didn't really see him as being able to handle it. Not Alec though. Alec was a really great partner and he was learning so much from him. He really couldn't have asked for a better partner. He had even complimented him a few times on his work and his progress! He was so lucky to be partnered with him.

Plus, now he got to work with Magnus too! Magnus was just awesome. He'd seen him in action a few times and it was just more astounding every time. The case with Orson had been incredible; the way Magnus had just pulled all of the pieces together, finding the name of the suspect, when it wasn't even IN the record, it was just amazing!  Since then he'd seen him do it a few other times; he'd helped on a burglary and had solved a car theft ring. That one he'd just glanced at the file over Alec's shoulder and casually mentioned that the one suspect was the ringleader. Like it was nothing, it was SO cool! His Psychic Detective Agency (Enigmatic Investigations) was up and running now, it was a bit slow but he'd had a few cases. Simon hung out there whenever he got the chance. It was fun and exciting and interesting. Also, Raphael was there a lot, so...