Prologue

~5 Years Ago~

"Hey Charlotte, have you seen Brandon?" I asked my friend but she shook her head.

"No but I think he is around here. I saw him earlier. Have you checked outside?" I nodded feeling slightly anxious.

"Yeah but he's not there." We both suddenly had a little bit of concern on our features. "Look, I'll try calling him."

I heard the rings from the loudspeaker on the phone. I tapped my hand anxiously against my leg as I waited with anticipation.

Hey it's Brandon here, please leave a message after the beep.

Beep.

That's weird. Brandon never ignored calls. I inhaled a sharp piece of air, my mind thinking of the worst possible thing that could've happened. Maybe it was a rogue attack that he was strung into last minute. Bu that's not possible.

I tried to look for his scent but will the immense amount of people around, I could hardly pick up my mates. There was too much alcohol around and the sudden realization of the need to pee was something to make things worst. Parties ran by Charlotte were usually big. Normally, I woud be on of those drunk people but I had put my mind first as before I got to the party my head was throbbing.

I walked up to the top of the stairs. I had to ignore the grinding and the sweat that was tainting my personal space and air. My hands traced a familiar oak door which I usually used if I slept round at Charlotte's. My hand pulled down the handle and a gasp was released from my mouth.

My eyes traced betrayal as I felt nothing more than anger. In the room was Brandon and a girl that I had never seen in my life screwing each other. They were both grinding onto of each other staring at each other.

My heart started to break into two and my wolf was howling out wanting me to rip the girl to shreds. My eyes lockeds with his and he started to push the girl off of him in a rushed manner. The girl groaned as she hit the ground.

Why was this happening?

I knew that Brandon had an image for being a playboy but I'd though that he would change for me. I was his mate. His other half. He betrayed me. I was so wrong. So damn wrong to trust him.

"Max! Please wait! Let me explain!" Brandon's voice rang through my ears as I complentated my decisions.

Maybe he can explain! Maybe. His wolf didn't mean it, surely he didn't.

My wolf was howling things after that which I couldn't understand. My lips were firm shut as I looked the man that I loved-love iin the eye.

You know that mates aren't meant to treat you like this. They are meant to love you not screw you over. They are meant to cherise you. Hug you and kiss you until you have died from love. You know that I am right. I can't stand him.

I was swift on my feet and soon out the door. My heart was pounding as I felt some pressure on my arm. I knew that someone had grabbed it and I knew who it was. He couldn't see me like this. He couldn't see me like a fragile doll who can easily be broken. I quickly used the back of my hand to wipe the tears away.

"Look Max. " He started but his voice made my head go dizzy so I interrupted.

"Just stop. I get that you are a manwhore who wants to screw me over. I get that you are a massive dick. But what I can't believe is that you would put me through this much pain. I can't- I can't believe that the Moon Goddess has set me up with some like you. Just... just stay away from me." I told him. Tears brimming but never daring to fall.

"Whatever." His voice was like a dagger through my heart as it peirced my skin and dug to the core. "I'd never planned to stay with you anyway. You were just a little... how do I put it? Trial. Trial to see if I could manage to settle with one girl. I guess that failed, huh?" His eyes were like stone as they were still connected with mine.

"I gave you something that I can never get back. You told me that you loved me that night. The night you marked me." I told him angrily. "That was all a lie, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, pretty much." He shrugged as if my heart wasn't breaking repeatedly.

I walked up to him. Our noses almost touching, I left no space between us. Sparks were flying rapidly around us but I ignored them. I was fighting the urge to place my arms around his neck and kiss him. To tell him that all was forgiven but I knew that I couldn't.

I placed my hand on his arm sliding it down slowly. "So you are telling me that this means nothing to you?" I carried on feeling fireworks elight. "You can't feel it?"

"No." His blunt responce was all I needed to step back away from the man.

"Fine." I told him with no more tears that threatened to fall. I was finally feeling strong.

"Fine?"

"Fine. It is over. Everything that has ever happened is over." I spat at him.

I spun round swiftly and walked off away from Brandon. That man will never be my mate. I don't care if the Moon Goddess put us together for a reason. He will never be my mate and I will never truly be happy.

*

Thanks for reading so far guys this is my first werewolf story so bare with me. Please like and comment v xx