Chapter I

Before you could leave and walk out those doors, he grabs your hand
" I beg of you, do not leave. Not now." His plead makes you think twice, his soft voice and enchanting accent makes you melt and its so hard to resist.

" I have to go." You said in a soft voice.

" Please." He again pleaded.

And you dare not stare into his eyes for that would be the last thing that would convince you.. You couldn't help yourself but stare, he pulled you closer.. And whispered in your ear.
" Please, love. Just this once" he pulls you even closer and your chest pressed against his strong chest his right hand behind your neck and his other on your waist..

" Just this once.." You said.. You tilt your head and he pulls your hair back and whispers..

" I prom-

" Cara!!!"
I promi-

" Cara!! Where the bloody hell are you?" Said a roaring monster, Miranda; My step mother.

" There you are! Your father is waiting in the car, get yourself moving, take your things and leave! You have a damn flight to catch" Said she.

She had to disrupt me while I was in the midst of reading a book, and she had to ruin the momentum.
I kept my ipad in my grey backpack and through the devil's house I made my way.

" At least I'll be living on my own now." I whispered in the back of my head.

We eventually got to Heathrow airport just in time and long story so lets cut it short.
I arrived San Diego. The sun shone brightly during the bright hours of 3pm here, compared to London. Dad had to go with me in order to establish a few things for me but he'll be back in London in two days.

" Honey, are you sure you'll be fine? On your own?" Said dad who's worry lines increased since he re married.

" Dad, I'll be fine. I'm 19 and I can handle myself." I reassure him.

" Oh, darling." He hugs me tightly. Moments later I released from his grip.

" Dad we better get all my stuff to my apartment." I told him giving him a grin just so he will think that I'm all alright. Well, at least I think I am.

" Oh of course. " We picked up the boxes that lay on the gravel like ground and carried it all the way to my rented flat.

" I'll leave you to unpack your stuff sweetie." He kisses my forehead and he hugs me again.

" Alright dad! " I say as I watch him leave through those doors, he takes another last glance at me and finally left.

"Alright Cara, take a deep breath." Okay. Time to unpack.

The apartment is not that bad, there's one bedroom and the opposite of it is the bathroom. A tiny kitchen, white polished floors and chandeliers that aren't too fancy but ain't too shay and a roomy living room with wide windows that stretch out to the ceiling that I could see the beautiful view of the sky.

I'm actually lucky to have this kind of apartment in my condition; Mainly because It's always been thanks to my dad. I would be Cinderella who never found her Happy Ending if it wasn't for him.
Not saying I need Prince Charming but, I'm better off without one anyways.

Without further ado, off with my thoughts. I should really unpack. Must get things settled, I don't want a mess. I mean I just graduated High school ( miraculously ) , and I'm about to enter a new phase of life, I want to learn how to be an independent woman.

"Alright, to start off with..." I say as I look at the tons of sealed boxes in front of me.

Well, this is going to take a while.