Welcome To My Life

*Before we start the story, I just wanted to say that this is a completely new story that I've been working on for a while. I'm really nervous to be posting because this story is dear to me. But I feel ready to share it. I hope you guys enjoy the story and at least find it interesting!*

"PARKER!"

The sudden yell made me sit up in my chair. I looked around and realized that I had been daydreaming. Again. I wasn't in my imaginative world anymore but I was in my fifth period history class. Great. Mr. Abraham, the history teacher, was in front of my desk, staring me down. He was quite tall man and intimidated.

"It just seems like everyday I have to call your name. Maybe if you used your ears for once, you could hear me." he crossed his arms.

I just shrug my shoulders. "I do use my ears but I suddenly become deaf when I hear your horrible voice." I swear history class was just that one class that got me irritated. Mr. Abraham always seemed to be on my case about everything. It seemed like always failed me every quarter, lied to my mom about my grades and tried to claim that I was nothing but a nuisance in his class. He gawked at me from across the room.

"Well Mr. Thompson, you will need to have ears if you work at fast food restaurant. With the rate you are going at, how will you ever be successful?" He turned his foot and walked back to the chalkboard full of notes. I felt a rush of annoyance. He was just added to one of the reasons why I wanted to leave this high school.

"That's what your mom said when you told her you started working here." I smirked at him. Two can play this game. Mr. Abraham sighed. "Seriously Parker. You need to start paying attention." he said. He turned his heel and walked right back to the chalkboard. Off he was again, talking about the same old things. I sunk down in my chair. Today was just another day of him bothering me. All I really wanted to do was be at home. Don't all students want that?

"What if I don't want to? What if I just want to get up and leave?"

"Then I would report you to the office. That wouldn't look good on your record now would it?"

"That's all you know how to do. Report people to the office. Give me a break!"

Mr. Abraham was clearly getting more annoyed as I continued. I could see it in his face. This was my normal interaction with him so I didn't know what the problem was.

"If you think you're going to get away with this, you aren't. I'll be telling the principal and she talk to you about it. Also, you are going to write me a five page about our current topic. Due tomorrow. No excuses. Have fun." he sneered.

"Only five pages? Well I'll do it as long as your mom tutors me." I scoffed at him

"Don't worry, my mother would love to help out an unfortunate case like you."

The students around me all turned their chairs and started whispering to one another. Mr. Abraham looked amongst the students and was prideful. He walked towards me. The only thing you could hear in the class was his shoes. And a few laughs. I smirked at him. "Good. Maybe she can give me a few tips to help deal with her pathetic excuse for a son."

All that pride that was in Mr. Abraham went away. His face turned a slight red. Didn't know if it was from anger of embarrassment. In any way it was the reaction I needed. The class was bursting in laughter. No one was taking this seriously anymore. Suddenly, Mr. Abraham slapped his hand on my desk, turned around and yelled out, "SILENCE NOW! THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER! TURN AROUND OR IT'S DETENTION FOR ALL OF YOU!" I tried to keep my laughter in. I pretended to write notes in my notebook to make him walk away. Mr. Abraham walked back to the board and sighed loudly. "Let's get back to work,"