Silence

August 1st, 2013

The fucking nurse gave me this stupid leather book when she threw me in here. It smells like a new book I guess but it's just stupid.

Other than this damn book, a bed and small table, there's nothing in this fucking room. It's all white and the windows are barred and the sky is fucking grey outside.

And it's fucking silent. There's no noise at all. Everything is white and silent and I want to bash my head off the wall but it's pretty much putty. It's soft and I can't fucking hit my head off of it.

I keep flipping off the camera in the corner, but nothing's happening. I don't know why I'm even writing in this piece of shit.

At the moment I'm pacing while scribbling this shit down, maybe I'll wear a hole into the floor if I do this enough.

I knew I was in a looney bin, but seriously, you'd think someone would be screaming or crying like in the movies. But nope. Dead. Fucking. Air.

The police cells had been better, even with some perverted criminal trying to get in my pants. At least there was noise. But this place was litterally dead. Here were no footsteps, no static from appliances, the bed didn't even fucking squeak!

Maybe I went deaf while I was laughing and screaming at the police. I think I'd kill myself if I did. Silence for the rest of my miserable life would drive me up the wall. Even if I was already there.

* * *

I threw the small leather wrapped book across the room and flopped down to the floor, my legs crossed under me and my arms resting on my knees.

I threw my head back and screamed annoyed, before placing my chin in my one hand and huffing, utterly aggravated.

I sat there like that for maybe an hour; I was waiting for some kind of noise to come towards my hall. It finally did, but only in the form of light padded footsteps.

"Hey!!" I yelled out.

The footsteps hesitated then moved closer to my door and a young man appeared in the barred window.

"Yes?" He said softly, his eyes studying me.

"Why's it so fucking quiet. I'm going insane," I grumbled.

He chuckled softly. "Obviously you're already there honey," I heard rustling paper and his head cocked slightly, looking down, before he looked back to me. "You'll be let out in about half an hour to socialize before going to see your therapist, so just relax."

With that he walked away, not even waiting to give me a chance to swear at him.

"Fucking scientists..." I flopped onto my back and stared at the ceiling, Then I turned my head slightly towards the camera.

"Yo, if you can hear me I'd love some fucking glowing stars and a radio. Make this hell a little more homey," I was aware the cameras probably didn't have sound, but it kept me a little sane thinking maybe they could hear me.

It also made me want to walk over and scream into it though, maybe they'd fucking listen if I made them.

I stayed laying on the floor though. I was too lazy to move. The floor was comfy... ish, and there was no point in getting up. Once I got bored enough, I started counting imperfections in the roof and walls to pass the time. I only got to seven though before I couldn't find anything more wrong with the cell.