Paper Keys

"Good as always." An elder lady hummed with satisfaction while eating an eclair. She was one of the many usual customers who always enjoyed the fresh and sweet pastries of the shop you ran by your lonesome.

A few other customers dined and chatted amongst themselves in the small shop only consisting of eight tables. It was quiet and calm until a small and unusual ruckus from outside occurred. You were unwilling to leave your post behind the counter despite the consuming curiosity. You leaned and stretched over the counter to look outside on either side of the large window that spanned the front form of the shop, though still unable to see anything, you gave up settling with a sigh.

The commotion didn't faultier for the few minutes after though, it soon became apparent what exactly it was for as the mayor could now be seen outside the shop. He stood there, getting held up in a group of people asking him questions, likely because of the Straw Hat Pirate incident not too long ago and the fact some of his best workers in Galley La were fired.

     You stared in amusement as he was pestered, practically ambushed, with questions. It was obvious he was uncomfortable as his eyes widened and lips frowned. In your heart you wanted to save the man but it's unlikely you could do anything to stop it. You simply enjoyed watching his suffering at the moment.

     A few minutes later, when you weren't paying attention, the bell on the ship door chimed therefore gaining the attention back. In the door walked in none other then the mayor himself.

      "Mayor Iceburg." You spoke with a surprised but light gasp. "What do I owe the honor of having you in my shop to?"

      Iceburg scratched the back of his head, unsure of what to say as he looked at everything but you.

      "Well...After this years Aqua Laguna I decided that I should look into the work of others to fully understand how to better govern the city." The mayor spoke up in a more refined tone.

     "I'm not exactly sure what your getting at sir but, aren't you having auditions for a new secretary today? Shouldn't you be at Galley La?"

     "Well...  I canceled it for today. Didn't feel like doing it right now." He huffed childishly, arms crossed in the manner. With all of the movement a small mouse appeared from his breast pocket, surprising you.

     "Is that a mouse?" You questioned sort of surprised.

     "Yes. His name is tyrannosaurus, a quite fitting name. I should have realized that this is a food shop though-"

"I'll be right back." You chimed happily running into the back and soon coming out with a few available, already cracked open, walnuts in hand. You offered them to the mouse as he cheerfully accepted it.

"I think you found my weakness." You giggled, watching tyrannosaurus chew on the food. "Anyways what was it you needed Mr. Mayor?" You looked up at the man who watched contently with a smile until he noticed you saw him and blushed as if he wasn't a grown adult.

      "Well I-uh wanted to help work here for the day. I only know about ships and stuff." He confusingly explained.

     You were able to connect the dots from what he said earlier.

     "The Mont Blanc is running low, they've been a bit hit today, so let's start there, mayor."

     "Iceburg is fine."

"Iceburg it is. Though I'm afraid the cute little fella can't go in the kitchen with us." You pouted, referring to Tyrannosaurus and health codes to not serve customers food the has been prepared in the same room as a rodent.