Chapter 1 - High Rank

Life as a high rank, is difficult. If you do anything or say anything unusual, you're kicked out and your rank gets dropped down.

My god, thinking about it, if you have your rank dropped, your families reputation will become slim and no one would want to talk or see them. Ever.

You can't sing, dance, play games and you have to wear make-up. And you deffinitley can't voice your opinions.

I sigh

You get two warnings if you do anything unusual: your rank dropped, then... death.

I shiver at the thought and look at the plain walls in my room. It's such a depressing place to be in. No paintings, no nothing. Just a bare, empty room.

I hear my mother shout from downstairs. 'Y/N, can you please go outside? It's really unhygienic to stay inside all day!'

I slowly get up and out of the bare room then I walk downstairs to see my mother. She's a really tall person for her age and wears a white dress believe it or not. Her hair is golden, like my hair, and tied up into a bun.

'Out!' She screams and pushes me outside and locks the door.

'Welp, guess I have to walk.' I sheepishly mumble as I start to walk out of the street and to the meadow.

The meadow is the only place I can go to without being judged. It's nice there, and quiet. No one really goes there as it's near the forest. It's forbbiden to go inside. My mother told me that whoever went in the forest, never came out. It's always been my nightmare going inside the forest. However, I've always wondered what's inside. What is the Capital trying to keep from us?

I hold that thought in my head and finally make it to the meadow. The grass is bright green and finely chopped. Bluebells scattered around the area while the sun hits the path to brighten up the mood. People should come here more often, it's a beautiful place to be at and will be a great place for picnics or... to sit down and read a book!

I look over at the forest. It's unilluminated and extremely horror-like. The trees are so tall, it's blocking the sun so you can't see anything inside.

However, a flash of light hit my eyes. And right it front if me, I see a small light in the forest, beckoning me to go inside. I shake my head. But, something was making me walk inside, like I was a test subject. About an inch away from the forest, the light disappears. I go inside to figure out where the light has gone. The forest is so dark, I couldn't make out where I was walking at all. I turn around to go back to the meadow. However, the light from the sun, was gone.

I start to walk in one direction, hoping to get out. My paranoier starts to kick in and I start to panic. I'm in the middle of my nightmare, rushing to find a way out, everywhere is pitch black, I can't see anything. My heart is pounding like there is no forever. I don't know what to do, shouting won't do anything, If anyone finds me inside, I'm dead.

Immediately, a pain rushes through my leg and I collapse. My foot is bleeding, something stung me. My head becomes fuzzy and everything is going in slow motion. I can't move anything. Every gasp for breath is painful. I can't express the pain. Suddenly, my eyes close shut and I pass out. I pass out in my nightmare. In the forest.