𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 / 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦.

╭─────────╮

╰─────────╯

╰─────────╯

[name] arrived at the opening ceremony much earlier than her brother. she couldn't get him out of the tub. as she sat in the hall, she snuck glances at the students around her, observing who she would likely be in a class with. beside her sat a boy with teal hair and brown eyes that showed immense disinterest.

this is kirishima ikuya, he doesn't talk often. he's not one for jokes, either.

the sea of people obscured [name]'s vision, mirroring haru's attempts to read the board. they arrived later than the students in front of them waiting for makoto, and now they were really paying for it.

'oh, there i am!' makoto announced, 'i'm in class 2.' [name] and haru shifted their attention from makoto back to the people. 'can you not see?' neither of them responded. 'your classes are...' his eyes skimmed across the board for nanase and [last name]. 'ah, class 1.' the disappointment was not unnoticed. 'we're in different classes,' he stated, sadly glancing down at the siblings.

'they're neighbouring classes, though,' [name] noted.

'we'll still see each other for combined lessons and PE,' haru added.

makoto pondered for a moment. 'that's true, but...'

'tachibana!' a voice called, followed by a brown-haired boy with a wide grin plastered to his face, slinging an arm around makoto's shoulders.

'ah, michizuki-kun?'

'hey! i'm in class 2, too!' he declared.

'really?' makoto asked with a laugh.

'yep! we haven't been in the same class since third grade, have we?'

haru looked at the floor, then took [name]'s hand and pulled her away.

'ah! wait- haru!' makoto exclaimed.

•·················•·················•

haru and [name] sat at their desks in silence, blocking out their classmates as they interacted with each other. [name] fiddled with her fingers as haru stared at the back of her head blankly.

'hey, hey. do you want to join the swimming club?' an obnoxious voice asked, distracting haru from his staring, looking to who had the displeasure of owning such a voice.

'no, i'm...' a student began, but the voice interrupted.

'eh, it'll be fine. let's swim together! or did you already decide to join another club?' when [name] looked at the human megaphone, the first thing she saw was bright red hair.

this is shiina asahi, he's not quite sure what whispering is. he's also very persistent.

'not yet...' it was obvious this boy was trying to escape the metaphorical clutches of the red-haired boy, but to no avail.

'then it's fine! let's swim!'

ikuya turned around with a glare. this red-haired kid was getting on his nerves and he hadn't even seen him yet. his glare eased when he caught sight of [hair colour] hair. it was the girl from the entrance ceremony. before she could notice he was looking, he turned around, not wanting her to think he hated her.

'are you nanase haruka-kun?' at the sound of his name, haru turned to his right, craning away from the face that came too close. 

this is shigino kisumi, he's not a swimmer. he likes to tease.

'i'm shigino kisumi! i went to sano elementary school, you know? i heard about you from matsuoka rin!'

if haru thought his hair-eye colour combination was weird, there was definitely something wrong with the kids in this class. red hair, magenta eyes and now coral hair and purple eyes.

'from rin?' haru asked, arching a brow at the mention of an old friend, though he'd never admit that.

'he said there was an amazingly fast guy at iwatobi swimming club!'

hello, your resident megaphone has entered.

'swimming club?' asahi asked, marching over to haru. 'you go to an sc!'

'sc?' kisumi wondered.

'that's short for swimming club. i'm shiina asahi. um... nanase. you're definitely going to join the school's swimming club, aren't you? right?' he pushed.

haru averted his gaze. 'i haven't decided yet,' he replied monotonously.

'eh? you havent...?' kisumi asked, 'then, would you like to join the basketball club with me?' he offered. haru turned to look at the boy.

'hey! don't just butt in. join the swimming club! ok?' asahi exclaimed.

kisumi, already pushing it, saw a loophole. 'if you're already a member of a swimming club, then you don't need to swim even more, do you? join the basketball one!'

ikuya turned around again, narrowing his eyes at the group of boys who were needlessly pestering haru. his eyes caught [name]'s and he immediately stopped frowning, pressing his lips into a straight line, awkwardly smiling at her and went back to minding his own business as best he could.