𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 / 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘣𝘴.

╭─────────╮

╰─────────╯

╰─────────╯

the doorbell echoed through the nanase household.

'yes?' haru's mother called, sliding the door open.

'good morning ma'am,' makoto answered with a smile.

'good morning, makoto-kun. haruka! [name]! makoto-kun is here!'

[name] walked down the stairs, haru not far behind as he fiddled with his collar.

'morning, haru, [name],' makoto greeted.

'let's go, makoto,' haru replied, moving to walk ahead.

'geeze...' a sigh left makoto's lips as he noticed haru's unclasped collar.

•·················•·················•

[name] sat beside ikuya as they watched the basketball game in silence.

'nanase! run!' asahi instructed as he dribbled the ball before passing it to kisumi. the coral-haired boy smirked to himself, tricking the boy from the other team as they tried to take the ball away.

'nanase-kun!' kisumi yelled, passing it to his classmate. from where he was standing, haru shot the ball into the hoop.

'ok! that's it!' the teacher announces, blowing the whistle to signify the end of the lesson.

[name] stepped down from the bleacher, colliding with ikuya and stumbling forward. she cringed and turned to bow in apology.

'sorry, i wasn't looking!' she said, earning a raised eyebrow from the teal-haired boy.

'it's fine,' he responded blankly, walking past her. [name] rose, staring at him as he left, surprised he had such an indifferent reaction.

•·················•·················•

makoto, haru and [name] walked down the stairs, their sports gear replaced with their school uniforms.

'haru, your last shot was amazing,' [name] complimented. the boy turned away.

'almost all my other ones were stopped by makoto, though.' makoto laughed sheepishly at haru's words.

'nanase!' 

'nanase-kun!'

they turned at the sound of the human megaphones.

'ah! you're that class 2 guy who stood out,' asahi noted. 'um... tachibana?'

'my name is tachibana makoto. it's nice to meet you,' the green-eyed boy introduced.

'yeah! nice to meet you! i'm shiina asahi.'

'i'm shigino kisumi! nice to meet you!'

'hey, hey! how was my rebound?' asahi asked, jumping down the steps.

'it was cool,' [name] commented.

asahi frowned slightly, holding his stare on the girl. 'who are you?'

[name] sighed. this happened a lot.

'that's my sister, [last name] [name],' haru answered. asahi and kisumi nodded, refocusing their attention to haru and makoto.

'well, my rebound was pretty great. i'm pretty much good at everything,' asahi boasted.

'then you should use that skill and join the basketball club,' kisumi suggested.

'no way! nanase and i are joining the swimming club, aren't we?'

[name] turned to her brother in surprise. 'eh? you're joining the swimming club?'

haru groaned internally. 'i never said that. you should join, [name].'

'ah! could it be that you go to the same sc as nanase?' asahi wondered, pointing a finger at the girl.

'hm? yeah, but makoto does, too,' she confirmed, put off by asahi's persistence.

'then you should join the school's swimming club!'

'why?'

'eh? join the basketball club instead!' kisumi complained.

'we're not doing this again...' [name] muttered, shaking her head.

'you're so popular, haru,' makoto stated with a smile.

'haru...? ah, because your name's haruka? is it alright if i call you guys haru, makoto and [name], too?' kisumi requested gleefully.

asahi stared at kisumi with disgust. 'you're so shameless.'

'that's fine,' they said.

'wai- it's ok?! then i'm going to call you haru, makoto and [name], too!' asahi declared.

'do whatever you want.'

'that's fine.'

'alright.'

asahi chuckled to himself, 'you can call me asahi, too.'

'it's nice to meet you once again: haru, makoto, [name], asahi!' kisumi reiterated.

'i didn't say it was ok for you to do it, too,' asahi retorted.

'it's fine. you can call me kisumi.'

asahi's face fell as it burned from embarrassment. 'kiss me! that's such a perverted name!'

'you're the one who's perverted for thinking something like that, asahi. i did see you staring at [name],' kisumi teased. 'pervert!'