Part 1; a prologue

I awoke to the very familiar sound of my alarm clock ringing on a Monday morning. The Monday I had been dreading for days, I decided that I was gonna have to get through this eventually so, up I got and threw on a jacket with a band shirt underneath with some ripped jeans and the '90's panda' by Dodie Clark herself. I felt cute, though I wasn't. I decided to 'fuck it' with any makeup, I am not Kim Kardashian, I want to wear it because I am insecure but I won't, I'd rather be ugly than a cake.

Alex Draquin is an Irish teen moving to California for a fresh start after her tragic background in a small town. She encounters some quite interesting characters, ranging from very interesting boys, cake-faced girls to utter cruel tutors

Part one

I awoke to the very familiar sound of my alarm clock ringing on a Monday morning. The Monday I had been dreading for days, I decided that I was gonna have to get through this eventually so, up I got and threw on a jacket with a band shirt underneath with some ripped jeans and the '90's panda' by Dodie Clark herself. I felt cute, though I wasn't. I decided to 'fuck it' with any makeup, I am not Kim Kardashian, I want to wear it because I am insecure but I won't, I'd rather be ugly than a cake.

I strolled out of the door and shivered, surprisingly cold. Especially since I was now in the ever so famously sunny California. I put in my earphones and shuffled my Spotify 'Faves' playlist. Blackbear's 'do re mi' started and I unintentionally started walking and hopping to the beat of the music. As soon as the song was over and now 'Girls' by The1975 started I realized I probably looked completely idiotic and just focused on getting to the actual College. I sang the lyrics in my head until a knot appeared in my stomach and all of a sudden I was standing right in front of 'St Bernadette's College' my heart sank as I sighed and looked down to the ground. 'holy shit' I whispered under my breath.

'Are you just gonna stare blankly like that or come in?' I heard a girl and I slipped out of my trance. 'Excuse- what? Sorry!' the words stumbled right out of my mouth. 

'It's fine silly! I'm Monica or Moni for short if you'd like!' She introduced herself and I immediately got the intention that she was bright and bubbly, sweet with not too many friends. I could always guess quite accurately when it came to things like this, like a sixth sense almost.

'Alex, Alex Draquin' I responded quickly, then finding myself idiotic for saying my last name.

She gave me a tight hug, I never really was fairly fond of them but I didn't want to be rude, so I hugged her back with a little squeeze.

'Here, why don't-'

*brringg brringg*

the bell rang and Monica screeched. 'Shiitake mushrooms!' she laughed it off and immediately went red. 'Not one for cursing are you?' I giggled and she went a brighter shade of red, now turning to a light, but bold pink that was evenly spread over her little patches of freckles, but they looked fake as they were quite dark and a tad smudged. But I didn't dare mention it, sure I love freckles, if I had the skill to fake them, I would.

'No, I'm sorry' she said shyly, but the confident sort of shy, like she knew she was silly but wasn't embarrassed, well, maybe a little.

'Nono, I like it! Oh, shiitake mushrooms we'll be late for class!' I giggled and hesitated for a little 'What's your first class?' She asked and we compared our timetables we were both emailed by the school itself. They were clichély very identical like we were in some cliché teen fiction wattpad story, or classic college/high school movie. We talked the whole way to class, giggling and getting comfortable. ''Ireland? Why don't you have freckles or ginger hair? And why are you so tall? Aren't you supposed to be short?' I could tell she was half joking, she poked at me, flicking my wavy hair and poking at my cheeks. I got slightly annoyed and jokingly laughed 'stop' then, she opened the door to class, in front of me there was an auditorium looking space, seats galore and a huge whiteboard and interactive board too. I took a deep breath and sighed and in my head, I thought 'well, this is it, Alex. Your one chance of becoming this illustrator you want to be.'

Authors note*

(800 words, short prologue)
I really hope you enjoyed this! Leave some comments and please add this to a reading list or share it with your friends! I love you all, I hope you enjoyed reading, bye!

~Alex